Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Bioinformatics Lead to join our growing team. The successful candidate will play a critical role in designing, developing, and implementing innovative bioinformatics solutions to support R&D and develop customer facing applications. The lead will help define the applications that are enabled by Quantum-Si’s sequencing technology and develop the bioinformatics capabilities necessary to deliver those applications. There will be significant interaction with the Algorithms team to provide feedback on signal processing and the Data Science team to define the features of the data that need to be characterized for use in applications. This role will also be a liaison to the Product Marketing team in building out the roadmap for product releases on the platform. This will initially be an individual contributor role making technical contributions in application and workflow development with the plan to build a team in the future.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Lead the design and development of bioinformatics tools and pipelines used by R&D and customers to analyze single-molecule protein sequencing data
- Build software that derives biological insights from protein identity, protein abundance, and post-translational modifications using large, complex proteomics data sets
- Define the content and format of data, reports, and metrics for each application
- Collaborate closely with and communicate results to the algorithms and data science teams in order to improve software and system performance
- Collaborate with the product marketing team to determine scope and timeline of applications released to customers
- Stay current on the latest bioinformatics technologies and apply them to solve complex problems
- Author external white papers, technical notes, journal publications and conference posters
- Build a world class team of bioinformaticians that are proteomics experts
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Electrical Engineering, or physical science
- Minimum of 8 years postgraduate experience working in Bioinformatics
- Expert in bioinformatics algorithms for sequence analysis, such as alignment and variant detection
- Experience with proteomics applications for protein identification, protein quantitation, and post-translational modification detection
- Strong programming skills and development of large software development projects in Python and a compiled programming language, e.g. C, C++, C#, or Java
- Previous technical management experience
- Good software development practices of source control, code reviews, and testing
- Experience with analysis and visualization of either proteomics or genomics data
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging technical problems and think critically
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience developing and using bioinformatics software for protein mass spectrometry
- Experience deploying software in a cloud environment
- Experience with time series data
- Wet lab experience in order to facilitate interactions with our multidisciplinary team
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off - personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave - we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in Branford, Connecticut OR Beautiful office in the heart of San Diego
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $160,000 - $200,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, an individual’s skills, knowledge and abilities, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all full-time employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program and equity as part of the compensation package.
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Something looks off?