Internal link Bioinformatician
ProQR Therapeutics is a biotechnology company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. ProQR is focused on the development of life changing RNA therapies to meet the unmet need of individuals and families with common and rare diseases. A team of 150+ enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the communities we serve. Our proprietary Axiomer® RNA editing technology platform enables the editing of specific single nucleotides in RNA using the cells own editing machinery. Axiomer® RNA editing technology harnesses ADAR (Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA), which is machinery present in all human cells to repair G-to-A mutations, modulate protein, and enable protective mutation functions. Axiomer could potentially yield a new class of innovative medicines and treat currently untreatable diseases.
Our R&D department is currently looking for an experienced Bioinformatician to join our team in Leiden. The Bioinformatician will support the wet-lab scientist with the analysis of transcriptomics studies, develop and improve (in silico) analytical methods to accurately understand RNA processing variants in our model systems, and how they are affected by oligonucleotide drugs.
Location: Leiden, NL (on-site)
You would contribute to:
- Data mining and analysis in support of R&D activities
- Transcriptomic analyses in the field of RNA therapeutics
- Develop, maintain, and improve data analysis pipelines
- Maintain and curate database systems containing various experimental data types.
Moreover, you would be ensuring the quality of your analyses by establishing reproducible methods and writing clear documentation, while working in a multidisciplinary team in close collaboration with wet-lab scientists, technicians, and project leads.
We expect our Bioinformatician to have:
- At least an MSc degree in bioinformatics or another relevant field, preferably related to transcriptomics and/or genomics (or MSc in a biology-related topic with extensive Bioinformatic experience).
- At least 2 years of post-graduate experience either in academia (preferably) or within the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry.
- Experienced in Python (MySQL, R are a plus).
- Experienced in Unix and version control systems.
- Affinity to find solutions for uncommon problems and critical about your own work.
- A good understanding of the basic biological processes with special focus on RNA post-transcriptional modifications (alternative splicing, polyadenylation, RNA editing, etc.).
- Experience with predictive models (Scikit-learn and Keras) is a plus.
- Experience with good data practice policies (e.g., FAIR principles) is a plus.
- Experience with building, maintaining and operating databases is a plus.
- Ability to be agile and highly productive in a fast-paced & dynamic work environment.
- Passion for innovation and drive to deliver new therapies to patients with high unmet needs.
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Analytical and accurate
- Creative thinker
- Flexible and resistant to change
- Hands-on mentality
- Pro-active and pragmatic self-starter, with a result-oriented mindset
- Team player
- Autonomous and coachable
- Being able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Being able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Patient-oriented attitude
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
- A nice person 😊
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensuring that no employee, candidate, or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage, or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, Rebel Café and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute to achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
You can contact Silvia Catellani via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.