Internal link Scientist Trident
ProQR Therapeutics is a biotechnology company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands, and Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. ProQR is focused on the development of life-changing RNA therapies to meet the unmet needs of individuals and families with common and rare diseases. A team of 150 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the communities we serve. Our proprietary Axiomer® RNA editing technology platform enables the editing of specific single nucleotides in RNA using the cell’s own editing machinery. In addition to Axiomer®, TridentTM is focused on developing an oligonucleotide-guided pseudouridylation technology. Pseudouridylated stop codons are interpreted as sense codons by the ribosome, therefore diseases caused by premature termination codons are the primary target of the Trident technology.
Our Axiomer® unit is currently looking for a Scientist Trident (Full-time) to join our team.
The role: As Scientist Trident, you will lead scientific studies while independently analyzing and interpreting data and proposing next steps. You design, lead development, and act as subject matter experts of new and improved processes/techniques with hands-on-involvement.
You will work closely together with (Sr.) Researcher Technicians and other Scientists.
We are looking for candidates with extensive hands-on experience in the following fields:
- RNA analysis techniques, e.g., RNA isolation, cDNA synthesis, digital PCR and gel electrophoresis
- Culture of primary cells and cell lines
- Experience with antisense oligonucleotides and/or bioinformatics is a plus.
We expect our Scientist Trident
- To have a PhD degree in an appropriate discipline or an MSc degree with at least 7 years of work experience, preferably in an industry setting
- To have a proven track record of publications and presentations
- To be solution and result-driven
- To work with focus in a dedicated team
- To have a proven ability to effectively interact with technical and scientific staff
- To design, plan and execute scientific studies
- To be responsible for the optimization of methods and protocols
- To analyze experiments and report these in a lab journal and technical reports
- To present results and suggest next experimental steps
- To contribute to peer-reviewed manuscripts, tech reports and patent filings
Location: Leiden, NL.
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Curiosity in science
- Analytical and accurate
- Proactive and flexible attitude
- Team player
- Autonomous and coachable
- Good knowledge of English both in words and writing
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in biotech industry is a plus
- Creative thinker
- A nice person :)
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensuring that no employee, candidate, or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage, or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Employee events (boot camp, Hipster café, and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute to achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
You can contact Silvia Catellani via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.