Internal link (Senior) Researcher RNA molecular biology
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 140 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the communities we serve.
Scientists at ProQR have invented new ways to use RNA oligonucleotides to alter RNA. The Axiomer® and Trident™ RNA editing technology enables the editing of specific single nucleotides in RNA using the cells own editing machinery. ProQR is fully committed to develop Axiomer® and Trident™ towards a new class of medicine and treat currently untreatable diseases.
Our Axiomer® unit is currently looking for a (Senior) Researcher RNA molecular biology (Full-time) to join our team.
As a (Sr.) Research Technician RNA molecular biology you will join the Trident™ project team. Trident™ is focused on the development of editing oligonucleotide (EON) based therapies against diseases that are caused by nonsense mutations. The pseudouridylation of the U in position one of all three stop codons is interpreted as a sense codon by the ribosome, thereby leading to stop codon suppression. As a (Senior) Researcher, the candidate will execute hands-on benchwork for the detection/quantification of pseudouridylation in in vitro and in vivo systems. Therefore, the candidate will work at the interface of molecular biology and chemistry. The activities will include:
- Hands-on benchwork in the field of molecular genetics and molecular biology.
- Generation of quantitative experimental data and rigorous statistical analysis.
- Assist in the development of in-house assay systems.
- Screening for EONs that guide pseudouridylation in vitro and in vivo.
- Identify complex obstacles to progress; recommend and implement solutions using a diverse set of resources; contribute to research projects through creative ideas.
We are looking for candidates with extensive hands-on experience in one or more of the following fields:
- The handling of nucleic acids, preferably experience with DNA/RNA-editing
- The execution of experiments for the evaluation of nonsense mutation-mediated diseases using cultured cells and biochemical assays
We expect our (Sr.) Research Technicians:
- To have an MSc degree in an appropriate discipline with 6 years of work experience, or 9 years of work experience and highly competent performance at a BSc level (HLO)
- To have a proven ability to effectively interact with technical and scientific staff
- To be solution and result driven
- To work with focus in a dedicated team
- To design, plan and execute experiments
- To contribute to the optimization of methods and protocols
- To analyze experiments and report these in a lab journal
- To take care of laboratory organization and related administrative tasks
Location: Leiden, NL.
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Curiosity in science
- Analytical and accurate
- Proactive and flexible attitude
- Autonomous and coachable
- Good knowledge of English both in word and writing
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in bio-tech industry is a pre
- • Creative thinker
- • A nice person :-)
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate, or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- • A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- • 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- • A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- • Employee events (boot camp, Hipster café and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute to achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.