Internal link (Senior) Scientist Bioanalysis
ProQR Therapeutics is a biotechnology company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands, and Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. ProQR is focused on the development of life-changing RNA therapies to meet the unmet need of individuals and families with common and rare diseases. A team of 135 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the communities we serve. Our proprietary Axiomer® RNA editing technology platform enables the editing of specific single nucleotides in RNA using the cell’s own editing machinery. Axiomer® RNA editing technology harnesses ADAR (Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA), which is machinery present in all human cells to repair G-to-A mutations, modulate protein, and enable protective mutation functions. Axiomer could potentially yield a new class of innovative medicines and treat currently untreatable diseases.
ProQR is currently looking for a (Sr.) Scientist with bioanalytical expertise to join the Preclinical Team. The Preclinical Team works in a highly collaborative fashion and is responsible for animal pharmacology studies, PK and safety studies, bioanalysis, and generating the nonclinical packages required to support the clinical development of ProQR’s Axiomer® candidates. In your role, you will be reporting to the VP Scientific Operations.
Location: Leiden, NL.
The (Sr.) scientist is responsible and accountable for the bioanalytical strategy to generate animal and human data on oligonucleotide concentrations in relevant matrices. These data are critical to understand pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic relationships, as well as PK-safety relationships and advance ProQR’s drug candidates in the clinic. The bioanalytical strategy will consider both the inhouse non-GLP bioanalytical capabilities (eg hybridization HPLC) and outsourced (GLP / non-GLP) assays such as LCMSMS. The successful candidate is an enthusiastic and creative team player and will work closely with other colleagues in an interdisciplinary team environment to progress the translational science in ProQR’s programs.
The activities include:
- Design and optimization of the bioanalytical strategy of ProQR’s Axiomer® platform in collaboration with the bioanalytical lab manager who is responsible for the inhouse bioanalytical assays
- Proposal and implementation of new methodologies where appropriate (external / internal)
- Interface with contract research organizations (CROs) on planned work to requests slots & costs estimates
- Planning and monitoring of external studies (method development, validation and sample analysis) according to agreed quality regimen, timelines and budget
- Ensuring that all work is conducted in accordance with phase-appropriate standards & guidelines (GLP, EMA, FDA)
- Competent interpretation of assay performance and data
- Review of protocols and study reports
- Presentation of bioanalytical data and/or expertise to senior stakeholders
- Bioanalytical budget planning & ownership
- an advanced degree (PhD) in life sciences or bioanalytics
- at least 3 years of relevant analytical working experience (LCMSMS, HPLC, hELISA, PCR) in a life science / pharma-industry / biotech environment
- demonstrated vendor management skills
- knowledge of regulatory (GLP & bioanalytical) guidelines
- good organization and planning skills
- good accuracy and quality awareness
- experience with RNA therapeutics and/or peptides is a pre
Personal skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Pro-active and pragmatic self-starter, with a result-oriented mindset
- Team player, with a hands-on mentality
- Flexible attitude, being able to work in a fast pace and dynamic environment
- Work on multiple projects at the same time
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, Hipster café and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.