System Integration Engineer
As a System Integration Scientist/Engineer on our team, you will have a key role in optimizing and ensuring the robustness and reliability of our groundbreaking multi-omic instrument platform. You will participate in component and system-level design activities, define, and execute test plans, interpret results and make recommendations to technical teams and senior leadership. You will collaborate with our Biochemistry, Reagents, Applications, Consumable, Software, and Hardware teams to deliver a best-in-class product to our commercial partners.
In this role you will:
- Generate deep component and system-level knowledge of our instrument platform through extensive evaluation and testing
- Design and execute tests to evaluate instrument and system performance, explore critical parameters and assess their sensitivity, identify failure modes, interpret results to iteratively improve performance and robustness
- Create and maintain records for all testing activities such as generating parameter databases and performance and failure trackers
- With input from other technical teams, coordinate and prioritize testing activities, inform on processes and practices to improve performance and reduce issues
- Perform data analysis of complex, image-based assays and development of advanced algorithms
- Present results to team members and senior leadership
- Make results-based recommendations for project directions and tool selection
- Drive execution, integration and testing activities of our prototypes and pre-commercialization instruments, participating actively in experimental activities in a more hands-on capacity
To be successful in this role you have:
- A demonstrated track record of troubleshooting complex systems and guiding teams through in-depth technical investigations
- A Scientific and/or engineering background with years of experience in the development and integration of complex diagnostic tools
- Strong software skills. Experience in scripting and programming is a big plus.
- Experience in creating visual and other quantitative tools to track system performance and failure modes
- Strong experimental design skills including DOEs
- Knowledge of issue tracking tools such as Jira and experience in the creation and maintenance of instrument run databases
- Great attention to detail, spirit of collaboration and positive attitude when dealing with intricate problems in pressing timelines
- Experience in the biotechnology, life sciences lab equipment, or medical device space
- Experience in design verification and validation activities - it is highly desirable to have experience in a full cycle of product development in the biomedical device industry
Education & Experience:
- B.Sc., Master’s, PhD or equivalent degrees in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physics, Bioengineering, or other related technical field
- A minimum of 2 years industry experience
Note: This position is based Onsite in San Diego and will require regular onsite participation at our office/lab in San Diego, CA - to apply you should be resident in the greater San Diego county area or in the process of relocating.
The compensation range presented spans associate to senior engineer
Pleno is a multidisciplinary team of scientists and technologists focused on collaboration and asking questions. We strive to find the best, and most meaningful answers for biochemistry and engineering problems in our mission to build a revolutionary instrument platform.
We are developing multi-omic instrument platforms that will revolutionize biological target detection for a wide array of meaningful applications. Come join us to be a part of the biomedical revolution?
We value our Pleno people and each person's wellbeing is important to us, so in addition to offering industry competitive compensation, we also offer the following:
- Equity - everyone at Pleno has a stake in our success
- Generous company-sponsored contribution to health, dental and vision coverage
- Company contributions to life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off - plus 11 paid holidays including a winter break company-wide close
- Parental Leave - we value our families and include generous parental leave and wage replacement contribution
- Free catered onsite meals daily
- Fitness and wellness facilities and programming
- Regular opportunities to spend social time together like happy hours & team building events - we celebrate our wins
- Available 401k plan
We are hiring for positions onsite at our office/lab in San Diego, CA – all positions are full time employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form.
Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, skills, knowledge and experience, internal equity, and alignment with comparable market data.