Life Sciences - Business Development Lead
Life Sciences - Business Development Lead
San Francisco, CA / Remote
Healthcare needs good data. At PicnicHealth, we are building deep real-world datasets fueling cutting-edge research while giving patients control of their own medical record data. These complete, clinically-rich datasets produce unique insights — across dozens of diseases — to ultimately get the right treatments into patients’ hands faster. We do this by working directly with patients and leveraging state of the art machine learning to transform messy medical records into structured, research-ready datasets. To date we’ve helped tens of thousands of patients securely access their records and proactively contribute to advancing research in diseases that impacts their lives.
We have raised $60 million in funding in a Series C led by B Capital Group. Our existing investors Felicis Ventures and Amplify Partners also joined the round, bringing the total we have raised to more than $100 million.
And we are just getting started! If you are looking to join an award winning, mission-driven, motivated team that is making a real impact across millions of people’s lives, PicnicHealth might just be the place for you.
As the Life Sciences Business Development Lead, you will own the full relationship lifecycle of our most important Life Sciences Partnerships. You’ll connect with potential partners through digital engagement, at industry events, and through relationship building. You’ll understand their research objectives and use cases, and craft winning commercial proposals. You’ll represent PicnicHealth as a product expert and support our Life Sciences Partners in advancing their research priorities using data generated through the PicnicHealth Research Platform. You’ll make sure we are regularly exceeding client expectations, while also identifying and capturing new client-driven opportunities for growth.
To do this, you’ll need a deep understanding of the Life Sciences industry, the application of real-world data and evidence (RWD and RWE) in biopharma, and an ability to manage high-stakes client relationships by anticipating client needs before they do. You’re excited about being cross functional, and doing whatever it takes to make things happen. You bring a collaborative, results driven leadership style that helps our cross-functional team quickly integrate client-driven innovations into our product offering. You are motivated to move fast and driven to improve patient lives.
As the Business Development Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Drive successful business development, partnership formation, and account expansions with new and existing Life Sciences customers , including:
- Maintaining strong relationships with both executives and project teams across clients;
- Educating potential customers and partners about PicnicHealth’s RWD and RWE products;
- Scoping requirements with PicnicHealth’s patient recruiting, product, clinical informatics, engineering, and operations teams;
- Collaborating with our clinical data experts to guide partners to get the most value out of the Picnic Research data; and
- Managing data delivery and feedback process.
- Independently and proactively identify new business opportunities and leading new proposal development for your portfolio;
- Inform strategic and continued growth of the the Life Sciences offering and go-to-market strategy;
- Analyze results and report on partnership success for company management, Board of Directors, Life Sciences partners, and others; and
You are a great fit if you:
- You’re an exceptional communicator. You can influence and persuade others, regardless of the medium.
- You’re a strategic, analytical, and organized thinker. You can see opportunities where others don’t and you can see a clear path for how to make them reality.
- You’re able to navigate some of the world’s largest organizations, and drive consensus and action
- You think like an owner of the business, and you’re interested in all aspects of what our team does: research, ML, business development, delivery, account management.
- Prior experience working with or selling RWD and RWE in biopharma;
- B.A. or B.S. (preferred discipline in biological sciences, engineering, biostatistics, health economics or similar);
- 4+ years of experience and successful track record of client-facing roles of increasing responsibility, structuring engagements and delivering products, services or analyses to biopharma companies, in organizations such as a life sciences oriented consulting firm, healthcare focused analytics and/or outcomes research firm, or health tech firm.
- Experience developing long term business relationships with large enterprises and experience owning client relationships.
- You get bonus points if you have any of the following experience:
- Working in a fast growing tech company;
- Working in biomedical informatics, EMR data, or working with RWE or HEOR functions; and/or
- Driving deals to close and negotiating contracts.
We expect all team members to be motivated to be amazing in their roles and, ultimately, to move the PicnicHealth mission forward.
Perks & Benefits @PicnicHealth
At PicnicHealth you get to solve real problems with real solutions, great tech, and great people.
We offer a hybrid set up for our team: team members in the Bay Area can work from the SF office on a flexible schedule; remote team members are expected to travel to in-person gatherings up to 4 times a year.
You also get:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including above market Health, Dental, Vision
- Family friendly environment
- Flexible time off
- 401k plan
- Free PicnicHealth account
- Equipment and internet funds for home office set up
Equal Opportunity Statement
PicnicHealth is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value a diverse and balanced team where everyone can belong.
Something looks off?