Manager, Medical Communications
Location: Boston, MA
Reporting to: Director, Medical Communications
The Manager, Medical Communications, is a medical communications expert who provides medical and scientific support globally for investigational and approved gene therapy programs. This position is an ideal opportunity for a medical publication, communication, and/or information specialist to work on a team where he/she can make an immediate impact while broadening their expertise. This role offers an unparalleled opportunity for exposure to both commercial launch phase and late-stage clinical development gene-therapy strategy and execution. As an integral part of the global medical affairs team, this role will have a real and timely impact on therapies with the potential to transform patients’ lives. This role will be in the company US headquarters located in Boston, MA (US).
- Be a trusted scientific and clinical partner with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead creation and management of medical communication and high-visibility publications (e.g. manuscripts, abstracts, presentations) within a therapeutic area
- Lead medical information content creation and processes (e.g. medical information requests, standard and non-standard responses)
- Perform regular literature surveillance and inform internal stakeholders of important high value new literature
- Assist with medical, legal, regulatory (MLR) approval of materials, conference processes and coverage, and other departmental operations, policies, and SOPs
- Support medical affairs initiatives and other related duties as needed
- Ensure efficient use of resources and adherence to strategic initiatives
Knowledge & Experience
- Track record of success within medical communication, information, or publications
- Understanding of government and industry guidelines, regulations, laws, etc., for appropriate and compliant exchange of scientific and clinical information with external stakeholders.
- Experience and relevant knowledge in one or more key therapeutic areas: hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, gene therapy, neurology, genetics (neurometabolic genetics preferred).
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
Skills & Abilities
- Experience in medical communication and/or medical information within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrates effective communication skills regarding complex clinical and scientific information
- Highly collaborative personality with experience and desire to work on small teams
- Ability to travel occasionally (10%), including overnight
- Advanced Scientific / Healthcare Degree (PhD, PharmD, MD, NP, RN, DVM, MS or similar)
Orchard Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Something looks off?