Odyssey Therapeutics is propelling drug development beyond what is now possible to deliver medicines that address critical needs of patients with inflammatory diseases and cancer. We achieve unprecedented speed and efficiency by bringing together a target-centric approach, a toolbox of cutting-edge technologies, and a team of accomplished, world-class drug hunters. By reimagining the drug development process, we are creating a deep and broad pipeline that holds the potential to transform human health.
- Job Title: Staff Accountant
- Location: Boston, MA
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Department: Finance
We are looking for an energetic, collaborative team member to compile and analyze financial information, make general ledger entries, reconcile key accounts, and prepare monthly reconciliations across multiple Odyssey locations. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for maintaining and developing strong accounting process and controls, and will be a critical member of the finance team. This position reports to the Director of Accounting.
Odyssey prides itself as an organization with an exceptionally talented and diverse team. Together with your colleagues, you will help shape the Odyssey culture, strategic direction, and outcomes.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Responsible for aspects of the month-end close process, including: balance sheet reconciliations (cash, prepaids, etc.)
- Support international accounting functions, international account reconciliations, and intercompany, and cash management in the UK and Germany
- Support accounts payable and payroll functions, providing bandwidth and backup support and critical redundancies
- Participate in the monthly / quarterly close process by preparing journals as well as timely and accurate account reconciliations and audit schedules
- Act as liaison between the accounting department and other departments as required
- Support and adhere to strong internal control policies and procedures, and identify areas where improvements can be made
- Drive internal process improvements and continually identify opportunities for automation
- Provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting required, Certified Public Accounting (CPA) Certification preferred
- Able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of NetSuite a plus (but not required)
- Proven analytical and organizational skill
- Self-starting, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse groups, with strong attention to detail
- Strong time management and planning skills required to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while adapting to changes in business requirements
Something looks off?