Compound Management Laboratory Technician
Nurix is looking for a Compound Management Laboratory Technician to join our growing team engaged in cutting edge research. Our inventory data systems integrated with robotic compound storage and delivery equipment feeds our automated liquid handling and plate production equipment. Scientists depend on our rapid response to requests for single vials or full plates of samples to feed our drug discovery process. You will support DNA encoded library production, automated synthesis, medicinal chemistry and screening compound sample needs intended to support discovery of new treatments for human disease through our protein degrader technology and innovative platforms and collaborations. The successful candidate will manage chemical sample receipt, archival, curation and dispensing that leverages our sophisticated automation platforms and systems. Sample retrieval, storage, weighing, child batching, dissolution, manual dispensing and recording of transactions in a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) will be a routine responsibility. You will be exposed to sample archival and retrieval through robotic storage systems and sample plate production assisted with robotic liquid handling systems in the exciting world of high tech compound management science. Your work will enable Nurix chemists, biologists, assay scientists and management to accurately track inventory compounds, plates and libraries of compounds as they progress from idea through synthesis, purification, analysis and testing and on to drug candidates and therapies.
- Perform daily research chemical sample dispenses of milligram quantities of compound into delivery media such as vials, plates or tubes and track inventory in the compound management database.
- Provide operational support for inventory control, receiving, registration, weighing, storing, sorting, inventory maintenance, labeling, distribution, and disposition of the Nurix compound collection and other critical reagents.
- Shipping preparation for requested compounds throughout R&D departments and to our CRO’s.
- Process sample requests for dispensing, distribution, record transactions and maintain proper documentation.
- Interact with the team to learn automated processing of compounds, storage and retrieval of chemical stock and feed the plate production function with requested inventory.
- Keep an inventory of supplies used to manage samples and order supplies when needed.
- Conduct routine Inventory Audit processes to maintain the Nurix Compound collection inventory accuracy.
- Process sample requests for packing and shipment to CRO’s and collaboration partners.
- Create archive sets.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in a relevant science or engineering discipline or high school degree with several years of equivalent work experience as a lab technician.
- Ability to learn new software and database inventory update procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity and demonstrated past use of MS Excel and Word.
- Prior chemical sample handling and weighing.
- General understanding of Inventory Systems or Laboratory Information Management.
- General understanding of chemical functional groups and their classification.