Scientist II, Chemistry Automation
We are seeking a creative medicinal chemist to join our parallel synthesis group at Nurix.
- This candidate will be responsible for the synthesis of chemical libraries (small molecules, bifunctional degraders) using a variety of automated parallel synthesis strategies.
- The candidate will interact with Medicinal Chemists to optimize and validate chemical routes for transfer to parallel synthesis platforms.
- This candidate will participate in the design, development, optimization, and validation of automation configurations for high-throughput parallel synthesis applications.
- Synthesis of chemical arrays using automated synthesis platforms.
- Design of hypothesis driven SAR chemical arrays.
- Development of new scripts for automation robots, such as liquid handler, parallel synthesizer, and high throughput analytical systems.
- Development of new methodologies for solid phase and /or solution parallel automated synthesis approaches.
- Maintaining automation systems and development of new protocols.
- Contribution to scientific strategies and goals within a project team setting.
- Maintaining proper experimental documentation, reporting during team / department meetings.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Doctorate degree and 2-5 years of medicinal chemistry or pharmaceutical research experience
Master's / Bachelor degree and 5-10 years of medicinal chemistry or pharmaceutical research experience
To be successful in this position the candidate will have:
- A demonstrated knowledge of high throughput parallel synthesis techniques with application to medicinal chemistry problematics.
- A proven laboratory work experience with high throughput analytical and compound purification systems.
- A proven experience with cheminformatics tools, structures enumeration applications, ELNs.
- Strong organization, time management, problem-solving skills ,and pro-active attitude.
- Excellent communication, and leadership skills.
- Maintain a very productive lab presence.
- Prior experience with operating and programming liquid handling robotics platforms (Preferred, not mandatory).
- Knowledge of solid phase chemistry principles and/or polymer-bound catalysts/reagent used in solution phase chemistry (Preferred, not mandatory).
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation and highly collaborative
- Solutions and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view