Scientist I, DNA Encoded Library Technology - Discovery Chemistry
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated chemist with a strong background in DNA-encoded library (DEL) synthesis to join our Discovery Chemistry team. In this laboratory-based position, you will be part of a highly versatile team that is focused on advancing projects though Nurix’s on-DNA to off-DNA lead discovery platform. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to directly contribute to the following key platform operations:
- Plan and execute on-DNA DEL hit resynthesis campaigns.
- Design and validate novel DEL library builds.
- Develop and bring in new DNA-compatible chemical transformations that can widen the DEL chemical space.
- Construct DEL libraries to support the in-house library production efforts.
- Work with external partners to support our DEL synthesis and hit follow up strategies.
- Engage in cross-functional team discussions that support DEL screening, data analysis, machine learning and hit-optimization.
- Influence high-throughput platform automation and technology development efforts.
- Contribute to scientific strategies and group goals focused on discovery stage hit-to-lead identification and optimization.
- Prepare reports and present data at internal group meetings.
Education and Experience
- Ph.D. in Medicinal Chemistry with up to 4 years relevant experience OR MS with 6+ years relevant experience, OR BS or equivalent with 10+ years relevant experience.
- Strong background in synthetic organic chemistry.
- Hands-on laboratory experience in carrying out on-DNA synthesis and methodology development.
- Familiar with the overall DNA-Encoded Library Technology workflow operations.
- Experience analyzing and purifying DNA-conjugates using common analytical tools (LCMS/HPLC).
- Experience working in the drug discovery field – drug design, synthesis, and SAR based hit-to-lead optimization.
- Established track record of conference presentations and peer-reviewed publications in the areas of Organic Chemistry and DNA-Encoded Library Chemistry
- Postdoctoral or industrial work experience in the DEL field.
- Experience working in the PROTAC-based drug discovery programs.
- Experience working with high-throughput analytical and purification systems relevant to DEL-applications.
- Experience working with molecular biology tools (PCR, qPCR, Western Blot)
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation and highly collaborative
- Solutions and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view