Genomics Co-op (Fall 2023)
LifeMine is seeking a Co-op for our Cambridge, Massachusetts office with experience in genomics, biology, and translational sciences. In this role, the successful candidate will be able to initiate our pipelines, via AWS, and ensure timely delivery of results to our fermentation team and assist the Genomics team in identifying novel drug candidates. We have assembled, sequenced, and annotated one of the largest fungal strain collections in existence to create the largest known fungal genome database, called LifeBaseÔ. The Omics & AI team develops and executes genomic discovery algorithms to mine LifeBaseÔ and fuel our drug discovery efforts. This is an excellent opportunity for those with a passion for designing innovative computational approaches and software development.
- Leverage computational biology and bioinformatics tools to identify strains containing genomic features of interest.
- Work closely with the Genomics team to identify drug candidates based on Genomic and Machine Learning metrics.
- Develop data analysis tools to summarize complex biological datasets.
- Build and maintain production bioinformatics pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, or a related field
- Experience with comparative genomics and phylogenetic analyses
- Experience with python or R and scientific computing libraries
- Preferred: Experience with cloud computing
- Excellent written skills
- Spirit of collaboration and solutions-oriented thinking to enable success in a diverse team environment.