Senior IP Counsel - Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We want all of our people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
How you will Achieve More with Intellia:
We are seeking an exceptionally qualified attorney for the role of Senior Counsel, IP Litigation and Dispute Resolution. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing litigation and dispute resolution strategies that adapt to changes in the law, the business, and the external environment; including partnering with the business to identify potential litigation risks and solutions. Other day to day activities include:
- Manage Intellia’s U.S. and international adversarial IP matters, designing and driving strategy, working with outside counsel and partnering with key internal clients
- Represent Intellia in key adversarial IP proceedings, including depositions, hearings, mediations, arbitrations, settlement conferences, and trials
- Provide expert counsel on all IP adversarial matters, including potential matters, and related issues
- Develop and implement strategies to secure freedom to operate for Intellia, leading cross functional projects
- Negotiate and draft settlement agreements relating to IP matters
- Keep abreast of changes in laws that affect Intellia and its business goals
- Identify unmet needs and future legal issues and proactively proposes strategies to optimize outcomes and results for the company
- Work closely with other attorneys and staff to ensure that Intellia’s interests are properly protected; serve as a role model and as a champion of the legal department through work ethic, attitude, interpersonal skills and successful results
- Advise legal department management of critical project developments and deliver work product in a timely manner
- Manage external counsel relationships, including developing and managing to budgets
- 10+ years of relevant IP litigation experience involving biotechnology or chemical inventions with major law firm or in house
- Track record of success and good judgment in handling complex intellectual property matters
- JD degree from an accredited law school and, preferably, an M.S. or a Ph.D. degree in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, or similar field
- Admission to a state bar or the District of Columbia bar
- Registration to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex legal or scientific issues in a simple, understandable manner with colleagues of varying technical knowledge across the company
- Strong collaborative skills, able to build partnerships and alliances internally and with external partners at all levels of the organization
- Strong organization and time management skills with flexibility, creativity, resourcefulness to successfully prioritize and manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy: All Intellia employees, regardless of work location, are expected to follow all applicable federal, state, and local public health regulations and guidelines, and are strongly encouraged to follow all public health recommendations, including being vaccinated for COVID-19.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.