Scientist I/II, Protein Sciences
The heart of insitro's strategy is the combination of novel, cutting edge methods in machine learning, biology at scale and small molecule discovery that address key bottlenecks in the drug development pipeline. To accomplish that, we are putting together an incredible team of translational scientists who want to make a difference to this important problem. We are seeking an enthusiastic, curious and driven individual for the role of Scientist in Protein Sciences, within Drug Discovery department. In this scientific role, you will help to purify and develop Antibody-Drug Conjugates (ADCs) for targeted cancer therapy. This is a lab-based role with an expectation to be onsite in South San Francisco 5 days/week. You will report to the Associate Director, Protein Sciences.
- Design and execute experiments for the expression and purification of recombinant protein antigens and antibodies using several host systems (e.g., bacterial, yeast, and mammalian cells).
- Advance the development and optimization of Antibody-Drug Conjugates (ADCs) for targeted cancer therapy.
- Collaborate with diverse teams, including oncology, target discovery, chemistry and machine learning, to advance ADC projects from concept to preclinical stages.
- Contribute to the advancement of ADC discovery, using experimental and machine learning driven approaches.
- As a vital member of a growing biotech startup, contribute to the scientific vision and strategic direction of ADC research, shaping our impact in cancer therapy.
- PhD in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. Biochemistry, Chemical Biology, Pharmaceutical Sciences) with a focus on protein sciences, antibody engineering, bioconjugation, or related fields and 0-3+ years of experience
- Demonstrated experience in the field of ADCs, and with protein expression and purification
- Proficient in analytical techniques relevant to ADCs, such as HPLC, mass spectrometry, ELISA and SPR or BLI
Compensation & Benefits at insitro
Our target starting salary for successful US-based applicants for this role is $120,000 - $135,000. To determine starting pay, we consider multiple job-related factors including a candidate's skills, education and experience, market demand, business needs, and internal parity. We may also adjust this range in the future based on market data.
This role is eligible for participation in our Annual Performance Bonus Plan (based on company targets by role level and annual company performance) and our Equity Incentive Plan, subject to the terms of those plans and associated policies.
In addition, insitro also provides our employees:
- 401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage (insitro pays 100% of premiums for employees on our base plans), as well as mental health and well-being support
- Open, flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly budget for books and online courses for self-development
- Support to occasionally attend professional conferences that are meaningful to your career growth and development
- New hire stipend for home office setup
- Monthly cell phone & internet stipend
- Access to free onsite baristas and cafe with daily lunch and breakfast
- Access to free onsite fitness center
- Commuter benefits
insitro is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion need to be at the foundation of our culture. We work hard to bring together diverse teams–grounded in a wide range of expertise and life experiences–and work even harder to ensure those teams thrive in inclusive, growth-oriented environments supported by equitable company and team practices. All candidates can expect equitable treatment, respect, and fairness throughout the interview process.