Senior Director, Chemistry
insitro is pioneering a new approach to drug discovery and development, enabled by the use of advanced machine learning to interrogate large amounts of cellular, molecular and clinical data to increase the probability of clinical success. One of the insitro's platforms in generating therapeutic discovery programs in small molecule modality across neurological, metabolic and proliferative disease is DNA encoded libraries and incorporation of ML in drug discovery.
We are seeking a data-driven DEL leader, who will guide our molecular strategies using DEL data, and ensure we use our machine learning capabilities both to increase the success of our preclinical programs and to accelerate them. Reporting to the VP, High-Throughput Chemistry, you will work a hybrid schedule of 2-3x/week onsite at our headquarters in SSF.
- Support and guide the DEL team in the design of DEL selections/screens, the prioritization and nomination of DEL hits for synthesis, and testing the design of built-for-purpose DELs
- Oversee the synthesis of DEL hits internally and at CRO's
- Lead teams in the prosecution of drug discovery campaigns
- Explore and support means of implementing Machine Learning in the design, screening, and analysis of DELs
- Explore and support means of implementing Machine Learning in Medicinal Chemistry
- Liaison between DEL- ML platform and Drug Discovery function
- BS with 12+ years of experience, MS with 10+ years of experience, or Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry or computational chemistry with 6+ years of industrial drug discovery experience
- 3 yrs experience in leadership experience with DNA-Encoded Libraries
- Passionate about pushing the boundaries of drug discovery with Machine Learning and DNA-Encoded Libraries
- Demonstrated experience advancing projects through stages of drug discovery
- Experience managing scientific collaboration and CRO resources
- Demonstrated innovation through peer-reviewed publications and/or patent applications
- Data-driven, quantitative mindset, and experience collecting and utilizing data in drug discovery
- Experience leading an inter-disciplinary team, with experience at the executive level
Compensation & Benefits at insitro
Our target starting salary for successful US-based applicants for this role is $240,000-$270,000. To determine starting pay, we consider multiple job-related factors including a candidate's skills, education and experience, market demand, business needs, and internal parity. We may also adjust this range in the future based on market data.
This role is eligible for participation in our Annual Performance Bonus Plan (based on company targets by role level and annual company performance) and our Equity Incentive Plan, subject to the terms of those plans and associated policies.
In addition, insitro also provides our employees:
- 401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage (insitro pays 100% of premiums for employees on our base plans), as well as mental health and well-being support
- Open, flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly budget for books and online courses for self-development
- Support to occasionally attend professional conferences that are meaningful to your career growth and development
- New hire stipend for home office setup
- Monthly cell phone & internet stipend
- Access to free onsite baristas and cafe with daily lunch and breakfast
- Access to free onsite fitness center
- Commuter benefits
insitro is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion need to be at the foundation of our culture. We work hard to bring together diverse teams–grounded in a wide range of expertise and life experiences–and work even harder to ensure those teams thrive in inclusive, growth-oriented environments supported by equitable company and team practices. All candidates can expect equitable treatment, respect, and fairness throughout the interview process.