Associate Scientist I/II, Cell Models
As an Associate Scientist in the Bioassays, Arrayed Screening, and insitro Cell Models group, you will help to establish robust, high throughput iPSC differentiation techniques to produce critical cell-types to model various diseases. You will be involved with the incorporation, adaptation to automation, and scale-up of established protocols, as well as the development of novel differentiation methods using insitro's data-driven functional genomics approaches. We are looking for motivated candidates who want to be part of a unique, cross-disciplinary team of biologists, bioengineers, machine learning and data scientists and who have a passion for making a difference! This role is onsite at our SSF office and will report to the Senior Scientist, Bioassays and Arrayed Screening.
- Establish and scale up robust iPSC differentiation techniques for disease modeling.
- Incorporate and execute established protocols and develop novel differentiation paradigms.
- Engineer cell lines and develop cellular models of disease that can be scaled across numerous patient donor cell lines.
- Execute quality control of mammalian cell culture material via FACS, transcriptomics, or high-content imaging.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate automation solutions into existing workflows.
- Contribute to the development of predictive machine learning models through the provision of high-quality cellular data.
- B.S. or M.S. in biological science with preference for stem cell biology expertise, bioengineering or relevant disciplines, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of relevant work experience, in academia or in industry
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and development and execution of complex cell-based assays
- Experience with pluripotent stem cell culture and differentiation
- Experience in biological assays to characterize cellular material: PCR, flow cytometry, bulk or single-cell RNA sequencing, and immunostaining
- Experience with automated liquid handlers, particularly in relation to cell culture techniques
- Excellent lab practice, detailed notebook organization, and communication skills
Compensation & Benefits at insitro
Our target starting salary for successful US-based applicants for this role is $70,000 - $100,000. To determine starting pay, we consider multiple job-related factors including a candidate's skills, education and experience, market demand, business needs, and internal parity. We may also adjust this range in the future based on market data.
This role is eligible for participation in our Annual Performance Bonus Plan (based on company targets by role level and annual company performance) and our Equity Incentive Plan, subject to the terms of those plans and associated policies.
In addition, insitro also provides our employees:
- 401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage (insitro pays 100% of premiums for employees), as well as mental health and well-being support
- Open, flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly budget for books and online courses for self-development
- Support to occasionally attend professional conferences that are meaningful to your career growth and development
- New hire stipend for home office setup
- Monthly cell phone & internet stipend
- Access to free onsite baristas and cafe with daily lunch and breakfast
- Access to free onsite fitness center
- Commuter benefits
insitro is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion need to be at the foundation of our culture. We work hard to bring together diverse teams–grounded in a wide range of expertise and life experiences–and work even harder to ensure those teams thrive in inclusive, growth-oriented environments supported by equitable company and team practices. All candidates can expect equitable treatment, respect, and fairness throughout the interview process.