Accounting Manager (Clinical/R&D)
ImmPACT Bio USA
ImmPACT Bio is a clinical-stage company, headquartered in the Los Angeles area, developing novel cell therapies for treating cancer and autoimmune disease. The company’s next-generation chimeric antigen receptor (CAR)-T cell technologies are based on Boolean logic-gate approaches and address key biological challenges for engineered T cell therapies including relapse due to antigen loss/escape; on-target, off-tumor toxicities; and the immunosuppressive tumor microenvironment.
ImmPACT Bio is looking for an exceptional individual to join our growing team as Accounting Manager. This position will report directly to the Controller and be responsible for managing day-to-day operations in accounting with a focus on the Company’s expanding clinical trial and R&D contract expenses. The ideal candidate will have excellent technical ability, communication skills, and be able to manage multiple competing deadlines and financial reporting responsibilities.
- Perform month end close duties including journal entries and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and overall general ledger maintenance
- Management of clinical trial accruals and R&D contract accruals. Collaboration with other finance members to build out new or improve existing schedules
- Review legal contracts to determine appropriate accounting treatment and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders regarding costs and activities incurred
- Ownership of the payroll function and related payroll entries, reporting, and ad hoc requests
- Assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly consolidated financial statements, and updating all schedules which support balances in financial reports
- Support external financial audits with ownership of supporting schedules and compilation of requested supporting documentation
- Support the finance team to identify and implement financial systems in support of company growth, including ERP and ancillary systems
- Includes other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Duties and responsibilities may be modified or changed at any time based on the needs of the business
- Bachelor of Science with six (6) years of experience, or Master of Science with four (4) years of experience, or Ph.D. with one (1) year of experience or equivalent amount of education and experience
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP accounting and general accounting concepts
- Experience preparing clinical trial and R&D schedules with a demonstrated understanding of complex accrual schedules
- Experience preparing and processing payroll
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and process improvement ability
- High level of self-motivation to perform and succeed
- Ability to “think like a reviewer” and be thorough in all work performed
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and take initiative
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization. Demonstrated ability to lead discussions with non-finance personnel and foster relationships to achieve cross-functional goals
- Internal controls and public company experience highly preferred
Compensation for the role will depend on several factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience.
ImmPACT Bio provides a generous Total Rewards package, to include a competitive base salary, bonus, and equity package as well as generous benefits and paid time off programs. ImmPACT Bio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will review all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.