SOX IT Analyst
Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
About the Role:
Our SOX team manages all aspects of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act compliance, including overseeing effectiveness, efficiency, and scalability of the company's processes, systems, and underlying internal control environment, whether through the SOX compliance efforts or by conducting special projects. To support business growth, we have created a new SOX IT Analyst role. This role will be reporting to the SOX Senior Analyst and is remote based. As an IT Analyst, you will assist in facilitating the SOX Annual Cycle including supporting the documentation refresh process, assisting in executing annual risk assessments, and preparing IT partners for control walkthroughs. Other responsibilities include performing SOX IT process testing, with the expectation of appropriately communicating testing results to management. This position acts as an advisor to our IT partners to drive continuous process improvement.
- Assist the SOX team with annual SOX planning (calendars, scoping, risk assessments). Ensure that the SOX program is executed on an annual basis in accordance with the planned timeline in a diligent manner.
- Plan and execute IT process SOX testing and documentation activities with consistent quality, including testing of non-routine SOX controls.
- Participate in key SOX special projects (System Implementations, Segregation of Duty Assessments, Fraud Risk Assessments).
- Work with IT partners to gain an understanding of the process, risks, and key controls and assist in updating applicable process documentation, including updating control descriptions, testing attributes and flowcharts.
- Advise IT partners in designing new processes and controls.
- Make recommendations regarding the efficiency and effectiveness of processes, controls, and procedures to ensure data integrity and security.
- Assist with deficiency remediation tracking and validate closure of issues.
- Assist with providing routine training and support to process owners to ensure a thorough understanding of the SOX program, risk and control requirements; help prepare the process owners for walkthroughs and ensure timely delivery of all requested information for SOX testing.
- Build strong working relationships with business partners and external auditors.
- Champion risks and controls considerations across the organization.
- Desire and ability to assist with SOX program management and testing for business processes.
Experience & Skills:
- B.S. in Finance or Accounting or IT/Computer Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 2 - 4+ years of experience in public accounting and / or industry preferred
- Hold or be on track to obtain one or more industry related certifications such as Certified Public Accountant, Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Strong understanding of financial audit and financial & operational internal control methodologies and terminology (e.g. COSO), as well as the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002, including documentation and testing
- Fundamental understanding of IT security and infrastructure
- Proven technical understanding of financial accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP), and understanding of and ability to research and apply guidance to changing control environment
- Experience with scoping and testing IT systems and IT controls preferred
- Experience administering and using a GRC tool preferred
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to “engage in the conversation”
- Confidence / willingness to ask questions and raise issues / concerns in a timely manner
- Must be able to multi-task, work efficiently under tight deadlines and proactively track and report progress
- Sound professional judgment and business acumen
- Self-motivated to apply learned experiences and leverage best practices
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.