Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
About the Role:
Hims and Hers is seeking an experienced Frontend Architect to help build a fast, reliable, and frictionless telemedicine end-user experience.
- Lead the vision for the team and the platform as technical leader, identifying new and strategic technologies that improve security, scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Develop and sustain comprehensive architectural diagrams, elucidating the structural, interactive, and dependency aspects of the system
- Take part in all frontend engineering-related and business-related decisions, with the expectation that you’ll drive technical strategy and leadership to development teams
- Independently build cross-team relationships to collaborate and lead the way in developing reusable, scalable designs that benefit the entire organization, and align these technical initiatives with business goals
- Collaborate with backend architects to integrate these scalable solutions, ensuring optimal performance and user experience
- You will set best practices for architecture, coding, delivery, and operation of your team's services
- Design the architecture of React-based applications and create high-level designs that outline how different components, modules, and data flow will interact to meet the project's goals and requirements
- Brainstorm features with product and designers, and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Actively participate in retrospectives and help drive continuous improvement in our process and culture
- 12+ years as a software engineer, shipping production code. Experience in management is a plus
- Proven experience in developing large-scale e-commerce or similar complex platforms.
- Expertise in scalable frontend architectures like micro frontends and domain-driven design for web and mobile applications
- Strong understanding of CSS, design principles, and component library creation
- Expertise in SEO, web performance and organic traffic optimization
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong understanding of responsive design and cross-browser compatibility.
- Ability to move quickly and meet tight deadlines
- Capable of prioritizing multiple projects in order to meet goals without management oversight
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.