Sr. Software Engineer, Frontend
Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
About the Role:
Hims and Hers is seeking an experienced SEO Engineer to help build a fast, reliable, and frictionless telemedicine end-user experience.
- Work seamlessly to collaborate with backend and quality engineers to spec, write, test, and deploy code that powers hims.com and forhers.com
- Create engaging and responsive user interfaces using modern web technologies
- Work with product managers and data scientists to analyze SEO product and user data, and iterate based on data insights
- Develop and execute successful SEO strategies to enhance organic search visibility and traffic
- Collaborate with content and marketing teams to create SEO-friendly content
- Optimize website architecture, content, and user experience to improve search rankings
- Implement on-page SEO best practices including meta tags, alt tags, and content optimization
- Lead technical SEO audits and work with the development team to implement fixes
- Brainstorm features with product managers and designers and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Monitor and improve the performance of applications, ensuring a seamless user experience
- Conduct thorough code reviews to ensure code quality, adherence to standards, and to foster a culture of continuous improvement within the development team
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior developers, sharing your expertise and ensuring team growth
- Maintain detailed documentation of code and processes, ensuring alignment with company and industry standards
- Actively participate in retrospectives and help drive continuous improvement in our process and culture
- 5+ years as a software engineer, shipping production code
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in SEO with a proven track record of success
- Strong understanding of CSS, design principles, and component library creation
- Strong understanding of responsive design and cross-browser compatibility
- Deep understanding of search algorithms, ranking strategies, and SEO tools
- Strong analytical skills and experience with Amplitiude, Google Tag Manager, and similar platforms
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively.
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.