Public Affairs Associate
Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
About the Role:
As part of the Hims & Hers Public Policy Team (Government Relations) the Public Affairs Associate will work cross-functionally to develop key messaging and collateral materials to support the company’s policy objectives. The Associate will help build and maintain strategic relationships with stakeholders such as grassroots organizations, think tanks, and analysts to further the company’s policy goals. The candidate will have a background with public affairs, public opinion research, message development, and elections. The position will report to the Director of Public Affairs.
- Draft and design collateral such as talking points, one pagers, committee hearing testimony, and response letters on a variety of topics that educate the public, key audiences, and legislators about policy matters.
- Map and engage external stakeholders, such as nonprofits, grassroots organizations, professional bodies, leading thought leaders, academics, analysts and partners. Establish protocols and processes for stakeholder engagement and management.
- Represent the company at external events and meetings, convey the company’s positions on public policy matters, and build relationships.
- Assist with public opinion research and the dissemination of such findings to priority audiences.
- Coordinate and track political engagements with external entities and map engagements to key objectives.
- Support Director of Public Affairs and the broader public policy team with state and national campaign building around public policy goals.
- Basic administrative duties as needed such as managing event logistics, planning, and following up on meetings and events.
- 2+ years working in policy, public affairs, community engagement or policy spaces, preferably at fast-paced organizations
- Background in policy campaigns, political campaigns, or trade associations
- Expert communicator with strong writing and editing skills
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Healthcare background a plus
- Experience designing public policy collateral
- Experience working with elected officials a plus
- Press experience/media training a plus
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.