Area Manager, Inbound/Replenishment
Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
About the Role:
As an Area Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the Operations Manager with organizing and directing warehouse operations. Coordinating activities to ensure efficient utilization of warehouse resources and optimizing fulfillment flow. You will be a key stakeholder in building something from the ground up and have a tremendous impact as Hims/Hers grows. This role is based in Columbus, Ohio and will report to the Operations Manager.
- Maintain ownership of a specific functional area within the building and all activities and output that area produces.
- Manage the daily operations across a shift/department including measuring of performance and attendance.
- Ensure quality standards and productivity standards are achieved while never compromising safety as a top priority.
- Coach and manage employees, set workload objectives as required to optimize staff effectiveness.
- Interact with warehouse management regarding any operating issues, including root cause analysis and suggested solutions to help get back on track as smoothly as possible
- Responsible for troubleshooting and investigating errors or nonconformance within your functional area of ownership
- Facilitate and lead continuous improvement projects to support departmental initiatives/goals.
- Ensure all new employees are properly trained, including delivery of staff training as needed.
- Responsible for elements of staffing (recruiting, interviewing, and selection) and talent management (performance management and activities to achieve performance objectives).
- Maintain department schedules to support fulfillment without delays.
- Plan and coordinate efficient transfer of materials and finished products throughout the warehouse.
- Responsible for maintaining proper inventory control procedures and documentation for all finished product produced, stored, and shipped from the warehouse.
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety SOPs, regulatory requirements, equipment, policies and procedures, including any department specific requirements.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- 3-5+ years of previous leadership and supervisory experience.
- GED or high school diploma, Associate’s degree or higher preferred.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule
- Proactive and motivational customer focused attitude to help set the tone for an energetic work environment.
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient knowledge of computers and applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Google Docs and Gmail.
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
Conditions of Employment:
- This position will require working with Hazardous Drugs (HD) and would require that Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) be worn for the length of working with these drugs. These items would include gloves, respiratory protection, gown and other items as required.
- This position requires medical approval to wear respiratory protection in the form of negative or positive pressure respirators, including N95, full face respirator, SCBA, or Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
- Physical exertion required. Including, but not limited to, walking up to 50% of the time, standing up to 100% of the time, squatting and bending up to 20% of the time and lifting up to 80% of the time for up to a twelve hour shift. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Due to the risk of reproductive capability in handling or compounding certain Hazardous Drugs (HD) associates must be willing to confirm that they understand the potential risks (teratogenicity, carcinogenicity and reproductive effects) of handling hazardous drugs.
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.