Director, Compounding Production
Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. Hims & Hers connects consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to primary care, mental health, sexual health, skincare, and more. Launched in November 2017, the platform also offers thoughtfully created and curated health and wellness products. With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers’ mission is to make it easier for all Americans to access affordable care and treatment for conditions that impact their daily lives. In January 2021, the company was listed on the NYSE at an initial valuation of $1.6 billion and is traded under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about our brand and offerings, you can visit forhims.com and forhers.com.
About the job:
As the Director of Compounding Operations, you’ll lead, motivate, scale, and support the compound pharmacy team to produce and dispense prescriptions to our patients in a safe, efficient, and scalable manner. You will oversee our compounding labs, compound pharmacy staff, and support personnel, including the production planning, strategic development, and compliance of the compound labs. The primary focus of the role is to execute our pharmaceutical compounding production needs given many formulations across a scale of millions of units. You will provide leadership to the pharmacy lab operations, promote clinical excellence in every process within the lab and work as a member of the corporate interdisciplinary team. This is an opportunity to promote a safe, efficient, and impactful compounding lab operating at the core of exceptional patient care.
This role can be remote. If you choose to be remote there will be 50% travel.
You can also choose to be based in New Albany, OH with regular travel to Gilbert, AZ. If you select this option you will travel about 25% of the time. Relocation will be provided if you choose to relocate to Ohio.
- Lead and support the team responsible for daily operations at two state-of-the-art compounding labs across the US.
- Build and lead a team that can execute in a high-volume production environment.
- Ensure the successful launch of new product lines through the readiness of lab personnel and equipment to support new form factors and production processes.
- Develop and execute strategies to improve production throughput efficiencies throughout the new product introduction phase along with seeking opportunities to implement efficiencies of existing processes
- Maintain a continual improvement mindset, always evaluating existing processes and equipment with the goal of driving efficiency in the production environment.
- Support and oversee the scheduling of all members of the lab team based on production demand, resource availability, and business requirements
- Responsible for maintaining the proper health of our Capital Investments in compounding equipment, machinery, and labs.
- Must partner closely with our S&OP and Supply Chain Teams to oversee healthy inventory levels of both finished goods and raw materials.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory integrity of raw materials, finished goods, toolings, and supplies.
- The ability to partner with vendors to innovate automation solutions within our compounding environment.
- Facilitate the needs of the R&D team, ensuring that sufficient resources are scheduled and available to support the new product development process.
- Work closely with S&OP, HR, and finance business partners to maintain a hiring and staffing plan that supports business growth within the compounding department.
- Work side by side with General Managers to ensure that all compounding operations align with the throughput goals of the pharmacy - the GMs direct the operational flow throughout the pharmacy to support optimal building output.
- Partner with Data Analysts to perform analysis & research on data to help uncover high-impact opportunities to improve business KPIs
- Contact and engage with potential candidates for the positions within the lab team
- Work hand in hand with Facility and Fulfillment Leadership, Pharmacy Manager, and Pharmacist team
- Willingness to study and learn all FDA and Board of Pharmacy laws, policies, and procedures that pertain to compounding - specifically USP <795>, <800>, other USP general chapters, and best compounding practices
- Collaborate on the development and review of standard operating procedures, driving adoption within the lab and ensuring consistency across all personnel and shifts
- Maintain and promote all security and privacy rules regarding the use and handling of protected health information (PHI) in compliance with federal and state HIPAA regulations
- Promote and maintain a clean and sanitary work environment as mandated by the FDA’s rules and regulations
- Lead one-on-ones and pharmacy team huddles with the pharmacy supervisor and core pharmacy staff members to promote and achieve high levels of performance
- Provide a world-class pharmacy experience for every one of our patients
- 8+ years in a production leadership role with experience managing technical personnel in a highly regulated environment
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing facility overseeing the production of drugs, cosmetics, food, or supplements is highly desired.
- Proficiency in research and data analysis, with a proven track record of drawing actionable insights from data, such as Excel or Looker (or other equivalent platforms).
- Excellent understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and quality control principles, preferably in pharmaceutical compounding.
- Ability to drive projects forward in an environment that leans ambiguous
- Ability to deliver and receive feedback and information effectively to individuals and groups
- Willingness to work in a team environment and promote company culture
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!