Software Engineer IV
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
*This person is expected to be in our Philadelphia, PA office two times per week*
How you will help
As a Software Engineer on the Data Transmission Engineering team, you will develop and maintain the services and tools powering HealthVerity’s data pipelines. This includes the ingestion of raw data into our petabyte sized warehouse -- all the way to the delivery of cleaned, de-identified and linked data to our clients. You will interact with internal teams to create applications they can use and software that empowers HealthVerity to process and deliver terabytes of data at a time.
What you will do
• Develop services that facilitate ingestion, storage, and extraction of data throughout HealthVerity’s data ecosystem
• Design and build APIs that support data pipelines
• Build applications that enable internal teams to configure data pipelines
• Build tools that will orchestrate and automate data pipeline
• Work collaboratively with a team of driven engineers, engaging in paired programming and code reviews
• Work with key stakeholders to refine requirements and eliminate ambiguity
• Design, discuss, implement, and ship solutions to support the healthcare insights economy
• Work with our product teams to understand the needs of our users and build the software that addresses those needs
• Improve the software development process through agile ceremonies
• Mentor engineers and foster an environment of collaboration and learning
How success is defined
• High throughput, consistently maintains high velocity
• Assess technical feasibility of high complexity requests across multiple systems
• Optimize systems for known constraints
• Fosters a strong team culture with focus on cross functional collaboration
Our tech stack:
The Data Transmission team leverages the following technologies in our day-to-day development process:
Python, Spark, Hive, Hadoop, Serverless Framework, Postgres, React, AWS Lambda, AWS ECS, AWS SNS/SQS, AWS Eventbridge, Airflow
Required skills and experience:
• 8+ years of Python experience
• 3+ years of AWS experience
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment technologies
• 3+ years of Spark, or similar technologies, experience
• 3+ years of experience building data pipelines
• Experience with serverless framework
•Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering or related field
•Prior experience developing software in a fast paced, start up environment
•Experience working in regulated industry like healthcare or finance with compliance requirements
•Experience in application architecture, microservice architecture, event driven architectures, messaging systems, and domain driven design
• Experience with Airflow
•Experience working with Lean / Agile development methodologies
Base salary for the role is commensurate with experience and can range between $70,000 - 220,000 + annual bonus opportunity.
Our strong preference is to hire team members in the Philadelphia area whenever possible. Expansion beyond Philadelphia will occur when necessary with travel to our Philadelphia headquarters as required. Remote work is supported from our key hub locations listed below as well as approved states in the Eastern Time Zone.
• Boston, Massachusetts
• New York City, New York
• Baltimore, Maryland
• Washington D.C
• Charlotte, North Carolina
• Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
• Atlanta, Georgia
Approved States in the Eastern Time Zone: CT, DE, FL, GA, IN, MA, MD, MI NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, TN, and VA.
HealthVerity synchronizes transformational technologies with the nation’s largest healthcare and consumer data ecosystem to power previously unattainable outcomes and fundamentally advance the science. We offer a comprehensive, yet flexible approach, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange (IPGE), that synchronizes unparalleled Identity management with built-in Privacy compliance and Governance, providing the ability to discover and Exchange a near limitless combination of data at a record pace. Together with our partners in life sciences, government and insurance, we are Synchronizing the Science. To learn more about HealthVerity, visit healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia. We offer both hybrid roles and those with quarterly travel.
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. All qualified job applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Remote opportunities are not available in all areas and require team members to work from a fixed location due to tax and labor law implications - specific questions about remote positions can be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.