Cloud FinOps Manager
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
How you will help
As a leader on our Finance team, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting the cloud optimization practices for our cloud infrastructure and service platforms. HealthVerity makes efficiency a main tenant of all operational aspects while providing the performance and quality that our users demand. Working closely with other teams, you will dive into usage patterns and forecasts to align our budgeted expectations. Based on this intelligence gathering process, you will be a key component of revenue, expense, and investment decisions and future facing engineering strategy.
What you will do
• Leads the activities and performance of the FinOps function including management of team members
• Makes recommendations on reserved capacity strategy, utilization optimization opportunities, product architectural recommendations to promote cost savings
• Leads the development of the cloud infrastructure FinOps plan and roadmap
• Partners with Business, Technical and Finance leaders to define, implement, and drive best practices in FinOps
• Investigate and understand the basis for every line item on our cloud infrastructure invoices
• Works with teams to achieve financial goals, eliminate underutilized resources, and suggest infrastructure cost saving measures
• Creates business intelligence reporting to inform the broader organization and empower other teams
• Assists in architectural designs and decisions
• Takes and active role in the annual budgeting process to ensure proper budgeting of cloud infrastructure spend
Required skills and experience
• 5+ years of relevant work experience
• Experience with Apptio or similar cost allocation tools preferred
• Experience using Cloudability or similar public cloud cost monitoring tools preferred
• Experience with cloud data platforms such as Databricks preferred
• Experience in negotiating long term commitments and contracts
• Broad knowledge of MSPs and third party software platforms
• Experience leading performance improvement initiatives
Desired skills and experience
• Experience as a people manager
• Experience working in a growth mode organization
Base salary for the role is commensurate with experience and can range between $100,000 - 150,000 + annual bonus opportunity.
While HealthVerity does support remote work with quarterly travel to our Philadelphia headquarters, our strong preference is to hire team members in the areas below as well as approved states in the Eastern Time Zone. Expansion beyond these markets will occur only when necessary.
• Boston, Massachusetts
• New York City, New York
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
• Baltimore, Maryland
• Washington D.C
• Charlotte, North Carolina
• Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
• Atlanta, Georgia
Approved States in the Eastern Time Zone include: CT, DE, FL, GA, IN, MA, MD, MI NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, TN, and VA.
HealthVerity synchronizes transformational technologies with the nation’s largest healthcare and consumer data ecosystem to power previously unattainable outcomes and fundamentally advance the science. We offer a comprehensive, yet flexible approach, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange (IPGE), that synchronizes unparalleled Identity management with built-in Privacy compliance and Governance, providing the ability to discover and Exchange a near limitless combination of data at a record pace. Together with our partners in life sciences, government and insurance, we are Synchronizing the Science. To learn more about HealthVerity, visit healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia. We offer both hybrid roles and those with quarterly travel.
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. All qualified job applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
Remote opportunities are not available in all areas and require team members to work from a fixed location due to tax and labor law implications - specific questions about remote positions can be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.