Vice President, Commercial Accounts
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
How will you help
As a VP, Commercial Solutions, you will be responsible for leading a small team of salespeople focusing on selling HealthVerity capabilities to the commercial segment of life sciences customers. You’ll be reporting directly to our Chief Commercial Officer and will have responsibility for developing and driving the strategic roadmap to sell HealthVerity’s capabilities within commercial audiences. You will oversee the entire sales process from prospecting, generating qualified opportunities, winning new business to managing relationships with key customers. You will successfully lead and support the expansion of our presence in assigned accounts by continuously creating value to meet our clients’ needs. With your healthcare data and analytics background, you will deliver the most innovative data and technology solutions to answer key executive stakeholders’ most pressing needs.
What you will do
• Develop a strategy and plan to position HealthVerity as a preferred technology and data provider in commercial audiences
• Lead and support your team in identifying and closing large strategic deals within top Pharma
• Mentor and develop a team that will creatively connect customer’s business needs to HealthVerity’s solutions and create solutions that solve the clients business needs
• Engage and build relationships with senior stakeholders within commercial business units
• Build and nurture close cross-functional relationships with Pre-Sales, Product Development, Marketing, Strategy & Innovation teams to develop solutions that solve for client business needs
• Drive, maintain and manage a sales pipeline and forecast to achieve team revenue goals
Required Skills and Experience
• You have 5+ years of extensive experience selling healthcare data research assets (medical claims, prescription claims, EMR, lab triggers etc.)
• You are a seasoned consultative seller successful at uncovering and developing sales opportunities within commercial business units within pharmaceutical manufacturers
• You are passionate about solving your client’s most pressing business questions with data or technology
• Progressive track record of career advancement, leadership and coaching
• You desire to work in an innovative, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial environment
• Willingness to travel as needed
Base salary for the role is commensurate with experience and can range between $200,000 to 275,000 plus an incentive compensation plan.
While HealthVerity does support remote work with quarterly travel to our Philadelphia headquarters, our strong preference is to hire team members in the areas below as well as approved states in the Eastern Time Zone. Expansion beyond these markets will occur only when necessary.
• Boston, Massachusetts
• New York City, New York
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
• Baltimore, Maryland
• Washington D.C
• Charlotte, North Carolina
• Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
• Atlanta, Georgia
Approved States in the Eastern Time Zone include: CT, DE, FL, GA, IN, MA, MD, MI NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, TN, and VA.
HealthVerity synchronizes transformational technologies with the nation’s largest healthcare and consumer data ecosystem to power previously unattainable outcomes and fundamentally advance the science. We offer a comprehensive, yet flexible approach, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange (IPGE), that synchronizes unparalleled Identity management with built-in Privacy compliance and Governance, providing the ability to discover and Exchange a near limitless combination of data at a record pace. Together with our partners in life sciences, government and insurance, we are Synchronizing the Science. To learn more about HealthVerity, visit healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia. We offer both hybrid roles and those with quarterly travel.
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. All qualified job applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
Remote opportunities are not available in all areas and require team members to work from a fixed location due to tax and labor law implications - specific questions about remote positions can be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.