Software Engineer II (Python|SQL|AWS)
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2023
How you will help
You will have the technical expertise of the components of our system and how they interact with other platforms. You will monitor any internal client-impacting errors or failures and work with internal resources to solve challenges that may arrive. You’ll use the best tools for the job, whether modern and revolutionary or time-tested and proven, to deliver elegant, scalable solutions that meet business and technical needs.
What you will do
• Able to think logically and analytically to diagnose and solve complex problems
• Should have a systemic approach to troubleshooting and be able to work independently
• Work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with changing priorities and deadlines
• Responsible for the smooth operation of business-critical ETL pipelines
• Devise and implement improvements to our automated testing and deployment processes so we can minimize the bug count
• Help in peer review to support and fix any bugs or enhancements
• Research and implement new technologies with a team of developers to execute strategies and implement solutions
• Contribute to translating customer requirements/enhancements/defects into functional, scalable code, consulting with product and design resources to guide our engineering choices and workflow
• Understand and help in developing software across HealthVerity portfolio of applications using React on the frontend, powered by a robust backend microservice architecture
• Document troubleshooting steps, issue resolution and root cause analysis
• Experienced and have a good understanding of technologies and systems that will be supported
• Skilled problem solvers and able to analyze complex issues, identify root causes and provide effective solutions
• Able to effectively collaborate with stakeholders and achieve project goals
• Should be adaptable and flexible to adjust to new technologies, processes and project demands
• Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to explain technical concepts in simple language
• Excited about Agile development methodologies and tools
Our tech stack
The Data Transmission team leverages the following technologies in our day-to-day development process: Python, React, Docker, Typescript, Apache Spark, Datadog, Jenkins, AWS Elastic Map-Reduce (EMR), PostgreSQL
Required skills and experience
• 3+ years in web-application development/support (Python, preferred)
• Database experience (SQL or NoSQL)
• AWS (AWS Services e.g. S3, IAM, API Gateway, Lambda, and EventBridge, and EMR)
Desired skills and experience
• Experience with a version control system (Git, preferred)
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and coordinate with teams
Base salary for the role is commensurate with experience and can range between $85,000 - 250,000 + annual bonus opportunity.
HealthVerity synchronizes transformational technologies with the nation’s largest healthcare and consumer data ecosystem to power previously unattainable outcomes and fundamentally advance the science. We offer a comprehensive, yet flexible approach, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange (IPGE), that synchronizes unparalleled Identity management with built-in Privacy compliance and Governance, providing the ability to discover and Exchange a near limitless combination of data at a record pace. Together with our partners in life sciences, government and insurance, we are Synchronizing the Science. To learn more about HealthVerity, visit healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia with 50% of the team distributed across 25+ states
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. All qualified job applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
Remote opportunities are not available in all areas and require team members to work from a fixed location due to tax and labor law implications - specific questions about remote positions can be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.
See more open positions at Healthverity
Something looks off?