Software Architect (AWS)
Software Engineering, IT
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
How you will help
HealthVerity is looking for a visionary Software Architect hands-on experience in rapidly scaling startup environments, who can solution on their feet in real-time. You will be designing and leading the creation of complex software solutions spanning multiple product areas within HealthVerity, collaborating closely with the Solutions and Product teams to craft novel architectures and working with multiple engineering teams to bring those designs to life. Product and Sales teams will rely on you to make high level assessments of the feasibility and effort of new customer requests. This role is for you if you have a proven ability to navigate gray areas and forge solutions to highly complex challenges with minimal direction.
What you will do
• Work with Solutions and Product teams to design new offerings composed of multiple products that will be presented to potential customers
• Lead development of projects across multiple engineering teams, ensuring components built by different teams align to your overall architecture
• Assess feasibility, describe implementation options, and provide high level effort estimates for creating solutions to customer challenges
• Brainstorm with engineers and tech leads on the best solutions for new products and enhancements
• Mentor software engineers and data engineers
Required skills and experience
• 8+ years of software development experience
• 3+ years of experience with AWS
• Experience designing complex solutions and workflows from zero
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working across multiple teams
• Effectively operate within a rapidly growing organization
Desired skills and experience
• Startup experience, including working closely with founders or a founding team
• Experience with large scale data processing
• Familiarity with technical requirements of standards such as FISMA, FedRAMP, HITRUST, SOC 2, etc.
Base salary for the role is commensurate with experience and can range between $145,000 - 190,000 + annual bonus opportunity.
HealthVerity synchronizes transformational technologies with the nation’s largest healthcare and consumer data ecosystem to power previously unattainable outcomes and fundamentally advance the science. We offer a comprehensive, yet flexible approach, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange (IPGE), that synchronizes unparalleled Identity management with built-in Privacy compliance and Governance, providing the ability to discover and Exchange a near limitless combination of data at a record pace. Together with our partners in life sciences, government and insurance, we are Synchronizing the Science. To learn more about HealthVerity, visit healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia with 50% of the team distributed across 25+ states
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. All qualified job applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
Remote opportunities are not available in all areas and require team members to work from a fixed location due to tax and labor law implications - specific questions about remote positions can be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.
See more open positions at Healthverity
Something looks off?