Commercial Training Manager (Enterprise Sales) #3575
Sales & Business Development
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
We’re looking for an experienced Commercial Training Manager to join our new and growing Commercial Operations Team.
You will be a thought partner who collaborates with senior business leaders and cross-functional stakeholders to design and implement effective and scalable sales training programs for the Enterprise Sales teams. This individual will be a dynamic, experienced, individual with a track record of success in selling to HR/Benefits managers or a sales training/learning & development function within a medical technology or diagnostics industry.
Proven ability to attain business and product knowledge expertise on assigned products, be an effective facilitator, manage complex projects, influence stakeholders without authority, and communicate within a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
This position is located in Menlo Park, CA.
We will consider a remote work location for internal candidates, with the ability to travel to Menlo Park, CA as needed.
- Be accountable for planning, designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating new hire and advance training programs for Commercial field employees (Enterprise Sales teams)
- Contribute to the implementation of the Training and Development strategy for the organization, building the clinical, business, and market knowledge as well as the communication skills required to effectively engage and execute sales objectives
- Develop and deploy training initiatives that build product expertise, presentation & selling skills, and business ownership to translate commercial strategy to actionable behaviors
- Design and improve training programs utilizing innovative training methods and adult learning principles
- Assist with the build-out of a continuous learning platform to offer flexible-just in-time learning that caters to individual development needs
- Proactively partner with Sales and Marketing teams to identify knowledge gaps and design training solutions to address these
- Ensure training initiatives are effective and compliant with regulatory guidelines through collaboration with functional partners including Medical, Regulatory, and Legal/Compliance
- Be a brand ambassador and participate with the Commercial team on ad-hoc projects
Your Background Should Include
- BA/BS required; 8 + years of experience in commercial training and/or a sales function within the Biotech/Diagnostics industries or a related Enterprise Sales industry
- Field sales experience; preferably selling into Employers (HR/Benefits leaders) in a role introducing new healthcare/medical technology is preferred
- Strong training industry knowledge of terms such as instructional design, training outcomes, and learning objectives
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects and develop own training materials
- Exhibit passion and empathy to build meaningful experiences for trainees by understanding their needs and learning styles
- Proactive, results-oriented self-starter motivated by a challenging task and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and self-awareness
- Customer-focused with effective stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a primary focus on core responsibilities
- Self-directed problem solver with a desire to contribute to the Company and team’s success
- Familiarity with Google Suite and Microsoft Office software & documents
- Ability to travel when the business requires it (up to 20%)
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $127,000 to $159,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.