Senior IT Engineer - MPK #3467
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2024
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL is seeking a Senior IT Engineer to implement the IT Security Roadmap with scripting and automation, and an emphasis on identity management and access control in Okta. This role involves engaging with stakeholders and partners to deliver and operate in production.
Join our dynamic team and contribute to the optimization and automation of IT processes, enabling the organization to achieve goals and contribute towards the success of our SaaS platforms by ensuring its reliable performance, security, and scalability.
This role is located at GRAIL’s MPK facility. It is a hybrid role in which you will work two (2) days a week onsite in Menlo Park.
- Implement the IT Security Backlog with scripting, SaaS administration, and automation.
- Execute security best practices across the suite of IT-security applications.
- Provide help desk escalation support for IT Security tickets
- Triage and respond to security tickets (vulnerability remediation, incident response, legal requests) in an escalated support model with the IT Help Desk.
- Create IT Security Dashboarding, monitoring and alerting, with analytics reporting integrated into the quarterly IT Ops Review.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent, advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated results-oriented technical problem solving ability in the IT security space.
- Experience in information security, security certifications are a plus.
- Strong OKTA background is required, OKTA workflows knowledge is a plus, Scripting and Automation experience. Demonstrated ability to write code.
- Strong Problem Solving, ability to work in a fast moving and changing environment.
- 5+ years of scripting and automation experience.
- 4+ years of experience in information security in areas like VPN, DLP, MDM, Shadow IT management, endpoint protection, VDI, SCIM and Identity Mgmt (e.g. Okta). Security certifications are a plus.
- Experience in a highly regulated environment (healthcare, finance, or similar)
- Experience administering SaaS applications
- Demonstrated alignment with GRAIL values: Embrace Change, Be Courageous, Bring an Open Mind, Solve Problems Together, and Think BIG!
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $148,000 - 180,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.