Senior Analyst, Commercial Analytics & Forecasting #3576
IT, Data Science
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2024
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
We are hiring a Sr. Analyst, Commercial Analytics & Forecasting, who will support both short-term and long-range forecasting for on-market (Galleri) and pipeline products. This candidate will also support a wide range of analyses across the commercial organization in effort to drive data-driven decision making.
The ideal candidate has a strong analytical approach, exceptional attention to detail, excellent communication and collaboration skills, demonstrated ability to deliver high quality deliverables in a fast-paced environment, and the desire to join a high-performing, mission-driven team. This position will report to the Associate Director, Commercial Analytics.
We’re building the best team to take on healthcare’s most important challenges. Are you ready to join us?
This position is located in Menlo Park, CA and on a hybrid work schedule.
- Own and maintain detailed near-term Galleri demand forecasting and Long-Range Planning (LRP) models, encompassing both on-market products as well as pipeline product concepts
- Conduct various scenario and sensitivity analyses around key forecast inputs to help facilitate decision making
- Clearly articulate and drive alignment of forecast assumptions when presenting to commercial stakeholders and leadership
- Improve forecast accuracy over time and generate incremental insights through the uncovering of new forecast drivers
- Leverage data analysis to optimize decision-making within the commercial organization
- Partner with key commercial stakeholders across functions (including but not limited to sales, marketing, product, and customer experience) to support ongoing & future initiatives across all commercial channels
- Track and report on key performance indicators (KPI), enabling cross-functional alignment and achievement of strategy & objectives
- Synthesize data findings to help articulate actionable insights for senior leadership
Your Background Should Include
- BA/BS degree and 5 or more years of relevant work experience
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in commercial analytics, sales analytics and/or forecasting, with preference towards a healthcare focused role
- High level of proficiency working in spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets)
- High degree of comfort building slide-decks for senior executives, with limited direction
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, set goals and deliver results with a high emphasis on quality
- Become a reliable, trusted, go-to partner for key commercial stakeholders
- Background in management consulting and/or investment banking, or market development, strategy, corporate analytics roles within life sciences, diagnostic, biopharma, or healthcare services companies
- Experience with BI-tools, such as Tableau
- Comfortable working with large datasets
- Experience in a fast-growing commercial organization with product launch experience
- Experience working in a start-up environment
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $102,000 to $128,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.