Software Engineering Intern, Commercial Platform #3590
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
Are you passionate about making an impact on the fight against cancer? If so, join us for a summer internship on the Commercial Team team in Software Engineering at GRAIL! As a Full-Stack Software Development Intern, you'll play a vital role in developing and maintaining our mission-critical applications. You'll work alongside experienced engineers, gaining practical knowledge and hands-on experience in building robust and scalable backend systems. This internship offers a unique opportunity to learn from industry professionals, contribute to real-world projects, and accelerate your career in software development. We are looking for Rising Seniors or Masters level students.
You will expected to be onsite in Menlo Park, CA with our team 2-5 days a week during your internship. Start date is June 3, end date is Aug 16. There is a one week unpaid summer break July 1-5th.
- Be a part of a highly collaborative team that focuses on providing access to Galleri, a Multi-Cancer Early Detection Test, to patients
- Contribute to the full-stack development lifecycle, including design, development, testing, and deployment of internal and external products.
- Prototype and implement alerting metrics to continuously check health of various systems/services
- Have an open mind for giving and receiving constructive feedback.
Your background should include:
- Working towards a B.S. / M.S. in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics).
- Solid experience with object-oriented and/or functional programming, e.g. Java, Python and Golang.
- Experience in developing applications using cloud-based services on AWS. Experience with DevOps, including CI/CD pipelines, containerized deployment/Kubernetes, and infrastructure-as-code/Terraform.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a meticulous approach to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies.
- Experience with Okta or Auth0 is a plus
The following are highly welcome:
The expected hourly pay scale for this position is Bachelors: $40/hr, Masters: $50/hr , or PhD: $55/hr Actual hourly pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.