Supply Chain Planning Summer Internship #3565
Durham, NC, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
This intern will report to the Supply Chain Planning Lead and will be working on Analytics projects for the Supply Chain organization. If you are selected for this internship, you will have the chance to be involved in optimizing a material flow process based on data analysis and creating warehouse utilization metrics.
You will gain hands-on experience in analytics and metrics development, scenario planning, process mapping, project management and data modeling. In addition, you will gain knowledge of dashboard tools such as Tableau.
You will expected to be onsite in Durham NC with our team 5 days a week during your internship. Start date is June 3, end date is Aug 16. There is a one week unpaid summer break July 1-5th.
- Work as part of the Supply Planning team to develop performance metrics and data models that support key business decisions.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and analyze user requirements to find analytical solutions.
- Create key performance indicators (KPIs) including data attributes and data sources.
- Lead warehouse capacity planning project to measure current utilization, model future utilization based on planned inventory orders. Data will be used to inform long term warehouse expansion plans.
- Participate in Floor Stock program by developing data models to inform min/max levels and proactively identify bottlenecks.
- Test, rollout, and educate new analytics functionality with relevant stakeholders.
- Learn and have fun!
Your Background Should Include:
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelors degree program, ideally in Data & Analytics.
- Must be able to commit to a full-time internship for at least 10 weeks.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have a familiarity with and/or understanding of using data to drive effective decision making, and modeling of data to adapt to different scenarios.
- Have familiarity with KPI development.
- Must have good communication skills and ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Must have completed coursework related to data analytics.
- Passion for Data & Analytics and Supply Chain.
The Learning Objectives Are:
- Gain real-life experience of working in a Supply Chain Team within a global company.
- Understand best practices in KPI development and data modeling.
- Develop basic project management skills.
- Develop strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Apply academic knowledge to real world projects.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.