Project Management Office (Laboratory Operations) Summer Internship #3564
Durham, NC, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Project Management Office (PMO) Intern will report to the Laboratory Operations PMO Lead and will be working on projects for the Laboratory Operations organization. If you are selected for this internship, you will have the chance to be involved in some aspects of the project lifecycle.
You will gain hands-on experience in project management, such as day-to-day planning, coordinating, and tracking of critical activities including management of cross-functional projects interfacing with the functional groups.
You will expected to be onsite in Durham NC with our team 5 days a week during your internship. Start date is June 3, end date is Aug 16. There is a one week unpaid summer break July 1-5th.
- Work as part of the PMO team to develop standard key performance indicators (KPIs) for projects to support key business decisions.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to develop templates for a business case and prioritization, such as level of effort calculation and net present value for project(s).
- Collaborate with functional owners to develop standardized tools such as smartsheet and dashboards.
- Test, rollout, and educate the new PMO templates and tools with relevant stakeholders.
- Learn and have fun!
Your Background Should Include:
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor degree program.
- Must be able to commit to a full-time internship for at least 10 weeks.
- Be competent in Smartsheet, Confluence, JIRA and LucidChart.
- Be proficient with Google Sheets and Google Slides.
- Must have good communication skills and ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Passion for Project Management.
The Learning Objectives Are:
- Gain real-life experience of working in project management in Lab Operations within a global company.
- Understand best practices in project management.
- Develop strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Apply academic knowledge to real world projects.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.