Senior Revenue Accountant #3429
Accounting & Finance
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
Reporting to the Revenue Manager, the Senior Revenue Accountant is a key contributor to the success of GRAIL’s revenue accounting operations. This individual will work closely with members of the accounting, FP&A and commercial teams and is expected to be a self-starter, fast learner and capable of working with limited direction taking full ownership of their areas of responsibility. The individual will also be expected to anticipate issues and support the accounting function to meet the needs of a changing and growing business.
This role requires the employee to be local to the bay area and the ability to be onsite in Menlo Park, CA 2 days a week.
- Onboard new customers, generate invoices and navigate through customer payment portals
- Review bank statements, post customer payments
- Review customer contracts to ensure that revenue is recognized accurately in accordance with ASC 606
- Apply technical revenue knowledge by preparing memos for significant and non-standard contract terms
- Perform month-end, quarter-end and year-end close tasks including journal entry preparation, variance reporting, reconciliations and account analyses
- Perform processes to measure key accounting estimates for revenue recognition
- Prepare PBCs for internal/external auditors
- Help design, implement and maintain a thorough system of accounting processes, policies and SOX-compliant controls
- Collaborate with Sales, Legal and Business Development teams to ensure processes and systems are set up to support GRAIL’s products and services
- Collaborate with the reporting team to prepare and review revenue-related disclosures
- Track, analyze and report on key performance indicators related to revenue and accounts receivable
- Assist on projects and ad hoc assignments as needed
Your background should include:
- Ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience in accounting, ideally a mix of public accounting and private industry
- ASC 606 / Revenue experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- CPA preferred
- Experience with Netsuite is highly preferred
- Excellent professional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment
- Advanced Excel skillsExperience with Google Workspace is a plus
- Proven analytical and project management skills
- Logical and critical thinking skills
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $99K-$128K. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.