Senior / Staff Equipment Engineer - Planner #2709
Durham, NC, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
***WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE OUR VETERAN COMMUNITY TO APPLY***
The maintenance planner will plan, coordinate, track, measure, and report tasks associated with end-to-end equipment lifecycle. These activities may fall within the selection, installation, operation, or decommissioning phases of the equipment lifecycle and may include preventative, predictive, corrective, project, repairs, calibration, improvements, qualification, etc. In addition, they will manage spare parts, equipment, and maintenance supplies. They will primarily interact with clinical operations, research, supply chain, procurement, and suppliers to ensure smooth running of our very complex operation system. They are expected to be a self-starter, a good manager of time, work independently, and follow standards. GRAIL’s testing volumes are scaling fast and require a dynamic and detail-oriented planner to help deliver our revolutionary test to as many people as possible.
- Accurately measures the maintenance backlog in its various forms
- Create and update: procedures, work instructions, guidelines, and testing documents such as installation / operational / verifications, standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Demonstrate flexibility in work schedule and can adjust priorities as needed
- Establish a world class planning structure that addresses issues in a timely manner and maximize the system up time for 24x7 operations
- Lead root cause investigations, drive for resolutions, and follow through completion
- Manage and source vendors to support qualifications, installations, calibrations, investigations, upgrades, preventive maintenance (PM), and/or repairs as needed
- Manage spare parts inventory
- Oversee service contracts and OPEX spends
- Participate, be a role model, and adhere to GRAIL’s policies and guidelines
- Preparation of reports, metrics, and other tracking tools measuring / allowing for success
- Provide technical training, support in the creation of new training, and transfer knowledge to fellow engineers and laboratory operators
- Support the investigations and act as a subject matter expert in NCRs, CAPAs, and associated quality and technical investigations
- Work closely with quality and regulatory to determine, include, implement and follow the required policies, requirements, and procedures for equipment lifecycle events
Your Background Should Include;
- 8+ years of related experience with a BS/BA or higher degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead, coach, and mentor
- Excellent communication skills to work as a leader and provide internal customer support
- Excellent time management skills to support a fast-paced working environment
- Strong industrial, electrical, and mechanical knowledge
- Knowledge of systems infrastructure
- Experience working in a clinical laboratory regulated environment
- Proven experience planning within a computerized maintenance/calibration management system and working with computer programs (Google, Office,
- Experience in Labor and material planning
- Knowledge Safety Training, lock out tag out (LOTO), Hazardous material, and waste handling
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), Manufacturing Management Systems (MES), scheduling software, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Experience planning in Blue Mountain RAM
- Calibration experience
- Kitting experience
- Project management skills
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Travel up to 20% of the time
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.