Material Handling Coordinator II #3245
Durham, NC, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 5, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
Grail is looking for an outstanding Material Handler to manage receipt, stocking, and shipment of laboratory supplies and business materials. This position will work directly with the Purchasing, Lab, and Finance departments to store, track and reconcile all incoming and outgoing materials.
- Perform Receipt and inspection of incoming materials
- Process PO receipts in ERP system
- Perform material kitting and labeling
- Restock laboratory point of use locations
- Support Sample Receiving process(s)
- Fulfill Material request and work order stock picking
- Process Return Merchandise authorization (RMA)
- Maintain and stage material following First-in-first-out method
- Maintain material status labeling and sweep of expired material inventory
- Manage item disposition per QC status in the stockroom
- Maintain incoming/outgoing shipment log
- Perform weekly cycle count of stock materials
- Process outbound shipments
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Ability to lift 75 Pounds
Your Background Should Include;
- A.A. or B.A. and 3 years+ experience in material management from a biotech, life sciences, or pharma industry
- Experience in CAP/CLIA/NYS and/or ISO 13485 environment is preferred
- IATA training and experience is preferred
- Familiarity and comfortable with working in a start-up environment and adaptable to working with all levels of the organization.
- Customer-focused, proven self-starter, energetic, timely, and organized teammate with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Savvy with spreadsheets tools, i.e. Google Sheets
- Experience working with integrated ERP & LIMS systems.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.