Manufacturing Research Associate I #3285
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL is seeking a Research Associate for the LabOps Manufacturing Sciences and Technology team (MSAT) in Menlo Park, who will be primarily responsible for manufacturing reagents and associated tasks to support GRAIL’s Clinical and R&D laboratory workflows. The ideal candidate is a meticulous, outstanding teammate with hands-on laboratory experience. The candidate will be encouraged to partner with many functions of our organization - Automation, Product Development, LIMS, Quality, and Clinical Lab - to identify systems limitations, implement process improvements, write documentation, and be instrumental in the day to day operations of the GRAIL laboratories.
- Execute on high complexity manufacturing and testing of in-house prepared and externally acquired reagents
- Execute on forecasted R&D and Clinical Lab experiments ranging from reagent evaluation and qualification to general data generation activities
- Execute on automated and manual sample preparation and NGS assays
- Be responsible for accurately recording work performed per GLP
- Support root cause analysis for materials failing QC
- Become a specialist in the materials used in the current production assays
- Ensure laboratory activities are performed in compliance with procedures and safety guidelines when handling, storing and disposing of hazardous or bio-hazardous materials
Your qualifications and background will include:
- B.S required in a relevant field
- 1+ years of experience in Next Generation Sequencing assays and workflows is required for RA1 level.
- Experience with Automated sample preparation workflows is a plus
- Familiarity with basic molecular biology laboratory techniques including but not limited to (e.g. pipetting, SPRI, PCR, qPCR)
- Familiarity with nucleic acids extraction techniques and quantification devices (e.g., Nanodrop, Bioanalyzer, Fragment Analyzer, ddPCR) is a plus
- Excellent partnership and teamwork skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed, innovative, and creative problem solver
- General digital literacy and proficiency in GSuite
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $74,000 - 87,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.