Senior Software Test Engineer #3225
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL has an opening in London for individuals with experience building and operating complex web applications. We are looking for software engineers in test, ideally experienced with Python, Java, or Go, to test software that supports clinical work streams. We use AWS extensively and are involved heavily for functional and non-functional testing needs.
We do not require that individuals have full context on all technologies when they come to work with us.
- Verify and validate software that enables clinical data collection.
- Develop automated tests and contribute to our tooling/frameworks.
- Work with GRAIL engineers in the United States on core platforms.
- Work with our products team to refine feature requirements and specifications.
- Work closely with the development team at a rapid pace to ensure features are implemented per design and specifications.
- Integration test systems that support clinical trials run by GRAIL worldwide.
- Support our production environment product delivery with utmost quality.
Your Background Should Include:
- Bachelor's degree/master’s degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience testing software and developing automation tests.
- Experience in development for both UI and API test frameworks like Playwright, WDIO, Rest Assured, or TestNG.
- Experience using gitlab continuous integration pipelines.
- Experience in doing accessibility, performance, load, and stress testing is a plus.
- Understanding of standard SDLC and agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected status. We want people from all walks of life to feel valued for their individuality, thrive in our business and share a sense of belonging. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.