Senior Data Engineer - Clinical Pipeline : #3142
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Data Engineering group, under the Software - Technology organization, is looking to hire an experienced Data Engineer, with Clinical Pipeline Focus. In this role you will use experience working with Clinical Data to help grow our ability to transform raw data into meaningful insights while maintaining data integrity and protecting data usage.
The BXDE will partner with clinical, computational, engineering and business functions to co-develop data solutions for the GRAIL product pipeline, as well as help establish internal data models to support the variety of data needs of the Research and Development organization. The BXDE will also have opportunities to apply statistical analysis and/or machine learning to help identify patterns and discover insights in data of high complexity and volume.
- Define and develop data asset creation workflows for clinical study data, from data pre-processing and automation through data dissemination.
- Provide technical support in developing and managing interactive data visualization and analytics tools for reporting and trending.
- Play a key role in understanding user requirements, implementing systems and authoring procedures related to system use.
- Identify new technologies, concepts, and methodologies to address complex and evolving needs of study teams and other data consumers.
- Maintain data integrity and quality throughout the data lifecycle, including ensuring clinical study-related blinding where appropriate.
- Generate and maintain metadata and data navigation tools as required by various internal and external stakeholders including FDA.
- BS/MS in quantitative scientific field (computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, bioinformatics, etc.) with 3 - 5 years of experience.
- Proficiency with R or Python programming and at least one system-level programming language like Go, Java or C++.
- Experience with CDISC, SDTM, and ADaM compliant data sets is strongly desirable
- Experience with SQL development and data warehousing concepts (e.g. ETL/ELT).
- Experience with cross-functional collaboration while ensuring data quality and commitment to analysis reproducibility.
- Experience with real-time data visualization and analytics tools.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory rules and guidelines, e.g., ICH, GCP, HIPAA
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Excellent team player with a demonstrated track record of success in a cross-functional team environment. Consistent commitment to delivering on team goals with a sense of shared urgency.
- Experience with AWS. Familiarity with AWS Athena, Glue, Data Pipeline
- Experience with Apache Airflow and DBT tools
- Experience with a workflow engine, like Reflow or NextFlow a plus.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing data
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $135,000 - $180,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.