Program Manager #2651
Durham, NC, USA
Posted on Friday, June 23, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL is currently seeking a Project Manager to support GRAIL teams working in the Laboratory Operations function. The successful candidate will have 1 to 5 years experience working on projects across CLIA certified Lab Operations. Knowledge of CLIA certified Lab Operations is required, and knowledge of design control and design transfer is highly desired. This position is located in RTP, North Carolina, and requires an individual to be onsite several days a week.
In this role you will be responsible for project milestones and deliverables, that are well executed and managed. The successful candidate will partner with functional and Life Cycle team leaders to optimize teams’ effectiveness, decision-making, and communication and utilize robust negotiating skills to facilitate integrated
- Create and drive timelines to keep project(s) on schedule.
- Establish and maintain functionally integrated project schedules.
- Utilize tracking tools to enable effective project management across various functional areas.
- Schedule, organize, and drive project team meeting(s): prepare and distribute agendas/minutes; track action items, and escalate areas of risk to the appropriate management entity.
- Facilitate communication of issues and outcomes to the Core Team/Project team leadership.
- Manage the interfaces between functional areas and ensure effective handoff and communication between department functions to execute on important project milestones.
- Works with project leaders and/or SME’s to prepare status reports, specific project updates, or scenarios.
- Manage document review processes to support functional activities and other key project deliverables.
- Engage with quality and regulatory functions to ensure operational planning and execution meets expected standards.
- Collaborate with site Leadership/teams to define project-related budget assumptions for the annual operating plan.
- Project manage cross-functional investigations interfacing with groups across the organization.
- This job requires a combination of analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will have a blend of project management and laboratory operations knowledge in the medical diagnostics industry. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA / BS with 1-5 years of experience.
- MS / MBA with 0-2 years of experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1-5 years multidisciplinary experience in the device/diagnostic/biotech/pharmaceutical industry, with 1-3 years of direct project management experience in laboratory operations that is CLIA certified.
- Knowledge of working under design control and design transfer from development to commercial operations is highly desired.
Key Attributes for a successful candidate:
- Proactive/not passive: Motivated to solve problems and create/manage situations to move forward while keeping the whole team intact through positive energy.
- Communication: Can distill complex scenarios/ideas into clear messages and next steps to a broad audience
- Adaptive: Can pivot quickly to new ideas, direction and process while being grounded in defining what success looks like.
- "Edge": Comfortable in tough situations, can be relied on in tense circumstances, and will face difficult challenges with poise and self-assurance. For example, comfortable influencing decision-making of others internally, across functions/team, and at any level.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.