Senior Technical Program Manager
Posted on Sunday, April 23, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL is building the software to run population-scale clinical studies and future products using state of the art technologies and software engineering. We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to lead the successful deployment of projects under development by the clinical and software engineering teams. This will include process development, establishment and management of timelines, tracking completion of software life cycle deliverables, facilitation of interdepartmental communication, meeting management, creation of slide sets and other communication tools.
A successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of process and system development. This person will have a proven creative ability to move technology projects forward while maintaining a positive attitude in addressing and overcoming challenges. It is important that this person has the ability to work across functions and incorporate broad viewpoints into the deliverables.
- Drive and deliver assigned projects on-time from inception through completion.
- Develop and maintain product development plans including key milestones and entry or exit criteria.
- Ensure you and the project team stay focused on critical tasks, tactfully pushing back on work outside of scope.
- Identify and manage project risks.
- Apply sound project management methodologies.
- Prepare and disseminate project status reports.
- Proactively work cross-functionally to create shared solutions.
- Generate creative solutions to project processes and quality related challenges.
- Examine functional issues from a broader organizational perspective and provide solutions to issues and gaps.
- Participate in and/or drive departmental or interdepartmental projects.
- Schedule and conduct project meetings as required.
- Develop project metrics.
Your Background Should Include
- 5+ years of experience managing large scale software projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or life science related field or equivalent experience; advanced degree preferred.
- Experience across the software development life cycle using methodologies such as Agile, Scrum or similar.
- Experience building/releasing web applications and/or microservices are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically across the organization.
- Proven ability to adapt and thrive in a fast growing, rapidly changing environment.
- Proficiency with office automation and project management tools.
- Proven interpersonal communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills.
- Ability to motivate a team to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- A sound work ethic and demonstrated ability to deliver assignments on time.
- Knowledge of FDA Regulations, in particular, 21 CFR Part 11 and the Software Development Guidance documents is a plus.
- Experience developing clinical systems or production systems in the life science space, is a plus.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected status. We want people from all walks of life to feel valued for their individuality, thrive in our business and share a sense of belonging. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.
See more open positions at Grail
Something looks off?