Billing- Sr. Technical Data Analyst- Healthcare # 2743
IT, Data Science
Durham, NC, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 16, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
This position is responsible for analytical support related to billing receivables and reimbursement issues; working cross-functionally to ensure accurate system billing. Analyzing integrated and extensive datasets to extract value and implement process efficiencies; this role will directly impact and influence key business decisions. The Billing Analyst will also have responsibility in the day-to-day billing operational functions with the timely preparation of monthly customer invoices in accordance with contract terms, government requirements, and billing processes and procedures.
- Compile, interpret, model, validate, and analyze data from multiple sources to understand current trends, facilitating well-informed decisions
- Manages information needs of multiple cross functional stakeholders to inform of reimbursement issues and/or changes
- Review global issues and initiate appropriate resolution
- Works with billing specialists to maximize macros and other software tools to create efficiencies in billing processes
- Invoice government and commercial customers in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure invoices are in compliance with billing processes and procedures, government regulations, and customer guidelines
- Establish and maintain billing review processes as needed; including identifying process improvements
- Maintain electronic records as appropriate, and in accordance with Billing procedures and Company record retention guidelines
- Identify and research invoicing issues, including customer rejections and short paid invoices, performing root-cause analysis to provide guidance and recommended solutions
- Assist in managing the collection of customer invoices, including contacting customer to resolve delays in invoice and payment processing
- Interface with cross functional stakeholders to coordinate project reporting, including notification of billing more than contract values
- Participate in new project kickoff meetings to ensure Project Setup optimizes software capabilities for revenue, billing, and reporting
- Other duties as assigned
Your background should include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Analytics, Accounting preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience analyzing and manipulating large data sets, report development, data management or data quality and governance preferred.
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Excel, Sass, Crystal Reporting, Business Objects, Tableau to create dashboards, macros and implement process efficiencies
- Experience with emerging trend analysis, financial modeling, claims pricing, contract/network analysis, and/or ROI evaluation.
- Familiarity with claims payment, utilization management, provider/vendor contracts, risk adjustment for government sponsored healthcare desired.
- Knowledge of payer contracts, medical terminology, commercial and government health insurance, and billing guidelines. Experience in a revenue cycle healthcare
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate issues/risks associated with projects and findings, both verbally and via presentations or other visual media to multiple layers of leadership and key stakeholders.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.
See more open positions at Grail
Something looks off?