Technical Accounting Manager, Revenue (Hybrid) #2654
IT, Accounting & Finance
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Technical Accounting Manager, Revenue is a critical role within our Finance organization. They will influence our critical accounting policies and drive internal reporting and communication to executives. They possess the demonstrated expertise in the specialized fields of revenue accounting and reporting. They have a high propensity to take on new responsibilities in a rapid-growth environment to advance within the finance team
- Serve as the main point of contact for the Revenue Accounting team on all new business initiatives from the technical accounting standpoint.
- Work with the business to evaluate accounting implications, research various technical accounting options, and conclude on recommended approaches as it relates to new and existing product offerings and partnerships.
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders including Finance, Product, Legal, and external auditors to support product launches, preparation and review of accounting positions, policies, and financial statements.
- Prepare revenue technical accounting memorandums to document conclusions and aid in operational implementation considerations.
- Prepare scenario analysis to support accounting estimates including collaborating with key stakeholders for estimate inputs (e.g. rebates, value-based performance)
- Provide insight on or prepare new and existing accounting policies based on industry standards and best practices.
- Prepare revenue disclosure and supporting schedules for financial statement footnotes in compliance of U.S. GAAP
Your background should include:
- At least 8 years of highly technical revenue accounting and reporting experience in a mix of medium to large publicly-listed companies and a Big 4 public accounting firm.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP with experience with ASC606 and SEC reporting requirements
- BA/BS or higher degree in Accounting
- Active US CPA certification preferred
- Ability to lead complex projects which require influence and implementation across business groups and functions.
- Ability to coordinate third-party consultants on critical revenue accounting and reporting projects.
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement.
- Must be able to effectively manage critical deadlines.
- Must be a "self-starter" with a can-do attitude and a serious desire to have a positive impact on our company.
- Track record of performance in a face-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Strong day-to-day project management skills.
- Strong verbal and technical research and memo writing skills are essential.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, yet function well with independent responsibilities.
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $123K-$163K. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.
See more open positions at Grail
Something looks off?