Commercial Forecasting Associate Director (Menlo Park, CA) #2989
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
We’re looking for an experienced Commercial Forecasting Associate Director to join our growing Commercial Operations Team.
This leader will be a thought partner who collaborates with senior business leaders and cross-functional stakeholders to manage our Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP), annual forecast, quarterly Leading Estimate (LE), and Long Range Planning (LRP) processes. You will advise on complex commercial forecasting matters with data-driven research and develop solutions that are strategically aligned to business goals.
You will also work closely across the Commercial team, supporting the Commercial Operations team’s vision to “unlock the full potential of the Commercial Organization”.
We’re building the best team to take on healthcare’s most important challenges. Are you ready to join us?
This role is located at our Menlo Park, CA office. Hybrid (office / home) work arrangements may be considered.
- Synthesize complex information (including results from advanced analytics) to drive fact-based recommendations, develops a compelling rationale, and aligns senior leaders on business risks, opportunities, and trade-offs
- Partner with sales, marketing, finance, and market research leaders to ensure robust methodologies and local adoption
- Ensure forecast capabilities support Sales & Operations Planning, pricing, and performance metric reporting needs
- Guide the technical development of forecast models, analytical tools, and data sources
- Ensure forecast platform balances rigor and simplicity, is scalable in terms of business channels, breadth of tumors (or other data points of interest), and geographies, and is user friendly – delivering an efficient and effective forecast process
- Champion the use of analytical insights, drives scenario planning, highlights risks and opportunities, and links forecasts with resources to meet leadership needs.
- Advocate for data-driven decision making to influence Commercial leadership teams
- Prioritize and manages complex forecasting projects with little / no guidance in an evolving, fast-paced, and increasingly complex MCED market environment
- Achieve critical business results while maintaining GRAIL’s Leadership Standards
- Develop project plans and communication materials for successful project implementation
- Proactively research best practices and trends. Perform analysis on effectiveness, competitiveness and fairness of existing programs and tools. Present findings and thoughtful, creative solutions that are aligned with GRAIL’s philosophy
- Communicate updates to the system related to forecasting processes or capabilities to key stakeholders and ensure training and materials are provided to support them
- Maintain excellent data integrity within systems and tools
- Ensure senior leaders, front-line managers, and employees can access business-critical reports and insights in real-time and on a schedule, as needed
- Ensure we are compliant with SOPs and other related policies and significantly raise the bar in terms of data, business process, and access security
- Identify opportunities for automation and reduction of manual processes and partner with teams across People, Finance, IT and Legal on implementation of solutions
- Perform regular business process reviews to make ongoing suggestions and create action plans
- Partner with business leaders to understand key business questions and design analyses to answer these questions
- Identify and deliver on opportunities to support key Commercial initiatives through robust analyses
- Build capacity within the Commercial organization to utilize data and analytics to drive decision-making and storytelling
- Participate with the Commercial team on ad-hoc projects
Your Background Should Include
- BA/BS degree and 12+ years of relevant work experience
- 3 or more years of successful forecasting experience in a high growth organization and the ability to scale forecasting strategies
- Experience working with multiple data analysis platforms
- Critical thinker with the ability to develop innovative solutions and exercise good judgment and discretion, maintaining confidentiality when required
- Able to proactively identify opportunities to streamline processes and improve data quality
- Customer-focused with effective stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a primary focus on core responsibilities
- Excellent ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects
- Self-directed problem solver with a desire to contribute to the Company and team’s success
- Willing to travel when the business requires it (10-15%)
- Familiarity with Google Suite and Microsoft Office software & documents - preferred
- Experience with DocuSign as admin user - preferred
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $154,000 - $205,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.
See more open positions at Grail
Something looks off?