Senior Manager - Portfolio Management #2850
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
Portfolio analysts are responsible for analyzing project, workload, and resource data and developing reports on these assets, working in close collaboration with a variety of program managers and functional leads and representatives.
This role will work with cross-functional collaborators through joint project team(s), including, but not limited to, R&D, Product, Software, Bioinformatics, and Operations stakeholders. The successful candidate will partner with program/project management and functional team members to optimize team effectiveness through resource management.
- Analyze all new requests for resources for all projects.
- Ensure optimal usage of all resources and provide all support data.
- Provide status reports for projects and provide support to all projects for planning all resource requirements for projects.
- Maintain and track the resource management processes and produce all metrics for the portfolio.
- Manage and facilitate efficient working of all resource management continuous improvement processes.
- Work with finance to provide resource budget information
- Maintain corporate prioritization of all projects according to critical requirements.
- Manage all communication with portfolio management team and project stakeholders.
- Maintain all data according to government policies and processes to maintain accuracy of data and provide required feedback.
- Plan various projects and maintain appropriate program plans and monitor and assist to resolve all risk or conflict issues.
Your Background Includes
- Minimum of a BA/BS in a scientific field is required, while an advanced degree is desirable in a subject area related to biology, diagnostics, communications, or leadership.
- The ideal candidate will have ~10 years multidisciplinary experience in a regulated healthcare/diagnostic/biotech environment, with 3-5 years of direct portfolio management experience on interdisciplinary or cross functional product development teams focused on clinical and business operations.
- Experience with project management tools, supporting resource and portfolio management
- The ideal candidate will also be familiar with the relevant domains of full lifecycle product development and/or laboratory operations.
- Experience working under design control and in the oncology space is useful.
Key Attributes for a successful candidate
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with customers and key stakeholders, good conflict management skills
- Results and detail-oriented; self-motivated, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proactive/not passive: Motivated to solve problems and create situations to move forward while keeping the whole team intact through positive energy.
- Communication: Can distill complex scenarios/ideas into clear messages and next steps to a broad audience
- Adaptive: Can pivot quickly to new insights, direction and process while being grounded in defining what success looks like.
- "Edge": Comfortable in tough situations, can be relied on in tense circumstances, and will face difficult challenges with diplomacy and self-assurance. For example, comfortable influencing decision-making of others internally, across functions/team, and at any level.
The expected, full-time, annual salary for this role is $140,000 - 165,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.
See more open positions at Grail
Something looks off?