Staff AWS DevOps Engineer #2907
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
Grail is looking for an AWS Cloud / DevOps Engineer to manage and improve the infrastructure that software engineers rely on across all stages of our product development cycle. This role will implement and support cloud solutions on AWS and processes leveraged by a large number of applications hosted in GRAIL’s environment. In this role you will have the opportunity to collaborate with cross functional teams including Software Engineering, IT, Clinical & Lab Operations, and Data Science to improve software development productivity and safety with new tools, automation systems, and security strategies. You will be in a position to empower the engineering team with the platforms they need as we work towards early cancer detection!
- Manage and maintain GRAIL’s Cloud service infrastructure in AWS, while participating in continuous cloud service operation, troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in production, and driving root cause analysis and resolution.
- Support security operations such as vulnerability management, incident response, and investigations.
- Develop technical solutions to minimize security risk.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (CxO, engineering teams, clinical teams, R&D, commercial teams, etc) to develop best practices.
- Be an advocate for protecting user data and privacy.
Your Background Should Include:
- 12+ years working in a software engineering related area (development, QA, Systems Architecture, Systems Administration)
- 5+ years working in a security subject area (Incident Response, Application Security, Pentesting, Risk/Compliance.)
- 5+ years of experience in an AWS CloudOps / DevOps role
- AWS Cloud certification such as AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional desired
- Strong BASH or other scripting skills
- Knolwledge of Go, Python or Java
- Solid understanding of networking protocols such as TCP/UDP, SSL/TLS, IPSec,
- Deep understanding of security principles including encryption, authentication, etc.
- Be curious and driven to learn new technology and science.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected status. We want people from all walks of life to feel valued for their individuality, thrive in our business and share a sense of belonging. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.
See more open positions at Grail
Something looks off?