Medical Director - Clinical Development #2618
United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Medical Director, within the Companion Diagnostics (CDx) team. The individual will lead CDx development across various oncological indications, in collaboration with pharma partners. We are seeking a creative, scientific and self-motivated leader to develop and implement diagnostic strategies and drive the development, approval and commercialization of CDx. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative environment and will be a key member of multidisciplinary development project teams. The role will be responsible for interacting with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Develop and drive the overarching global CDx strategy across projects (potentially in collaboration with various pharma and academic partners) in priority oncological indications
- Lead the development and implementation of diagnostic strategies for individual clinical studies
- Direct the development and validation of clinically applicable companion diagnostic assays
- Design, implement and oversee biomarker and diagnostic testing and data analysis
- Provide leadership in collaboration with cross-functional team and external partners in developing the clinical evidence strategy
- Provide scientific expertise and support for publications and presentations, and provide medical input for commercial and promotional activities, if appropriate
Your Background Should Include:
- Experienced biomedical leader (PhD, PharmD or MD) with a minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience with expertise in oncology biomarker and/or companion diagnostic development
- Demonstrated excellence in developing and implementing overarching therapeutic area biomarker and/or CDx strategies
- Demonstrated excellence in independently leading and conducting clinical research and ability to evaluate, interpret and present complex scientific data.
- In depth experience with the discovery, characterization, clinical validation and utilization of innovative biomarkers and companion diagnostics
- Experience in human translational research with biomarker application in clinical trials and awareness of the challenges of implementing diagnostic technologies in the clinical settingExcellent leadership skills including motivation and delegation
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills High level of initiative and ability to work independently
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $238,000 - $341,000 Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.
See more open positions at Grail
Something looks off?