Materials Handler 3 #2592
Durham, NC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2022
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
Grail is seeking an outstanding Senior Materials Handler to manage receipt, stocking, and shipment of laboratory supplies and business materials. This position will work directly with the Purchasing, Lab, and Finance departments to store, track and reconcile all incoming and outgoing materials. Reporting to the site warehouse manager, this person will be responsible for managing warehouse projects, metrics, and process improvements.
- Perform Tactical warehouse duties to include:
- Perform Receipt and inspection of incoming materials
- Process PO receipts in ERP system
- Responsible for authoring SOPs and work instructions
- Perform material kitting and labeling
- Restock laboratory point of use locations
- Support Sample Receiving process(s)
- Fulfill Material request and work order stock picking
- Process Return Merchandise authorization (RMA)
- Maintain and stage material following First-in-first-out method
- Maintain material status labeling and sweep of expired material inventory
- Manage item disposition per QC status in the stockroom
- Perform weekly cycle count of stock materials
- Process outbound shipments
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Ability to lift 50 Pounds
- Manage strategic warehouse activities to include:
- Metrics and visual management tools
- Participate in cross functional project teams as the warehouse representative
- Manage process improvement initiatives
Your Background Should Include:
- An Associate’s Degree or High School Diploma.
- GMP experience
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in Material Management biotech, life sciences, or pharma industry.
- IATA training and experience.
- Candidate must be familiar and comfortable with working in a start-up environment and adaptable to working with all levels of the organization.
- Candidate will be a customer focused, proven self-starter, energetic, timely and organized team player with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Candidate should be familiar with bar coding systems and technology.
- Candidate should be familiar with spreadsheets, word processors, and presentation software tools, i.e. MS Office and Google Apps.
- A Bachelors' Degree
- Experience in CAP/CLIA/NYS and/or ISO 13485 environment
- Candidates should have experience working with integrated ERP & LIMS systems.
Physical Demands & Working Environment
- Required Shift: Monday – Saturday, 8am – 4pm EST or 10am to 6pm EST.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL has made the decision to require all U.S. employees receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.
See more open positions at Grail
Something looks off?